very high sex drive

Heatman

Reaction score
hello
ive been with my first girlfriend for 4 months now
but im on .5 mg propecia for 4 months as well and recently, my sex drive is through the ROOOOOOF
im masterbating like 3-6 times daily
is this normal?

G

Well, what do you mean by "normal"? A high sex drive is healthy, I wish mine was like that again. When I was 14 I was like that, too. One day I masturbated 12 times. Nowadays........ :cry: Don´t worry, you are fine.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Well, what do you mean by "normal"? A high sex drive is healthy, I wish mine was like that again. When I was 14 I was like that, too. One day I masturbated 12 times. Nowadays........ :cry: Don´t worry, you are fine.

12 times!!?? Holy sh*t!! I wouldn't be able to walk if I did that...

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am the same in terms of sex drive on finasteride...every time I see a parially clothed female on TV or in a magazine..seems to be the opposite of what many get as a side effect.

The only downer is tiredness, I need a cat nap a couple of times a day to get my energy back up...especially for sex :)

SnowRider22

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, ever since I started taking finasteride I have been noticing increased sex drive as well.

Martaveli

Reaction score
Same here. I'm 20 and started Finastride and feared for my sex life. However, it did the opposite! I want it even more now, and am second looking EVERY decent looking girl I see. At least finasteride confirmed my sexuality :D

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
On my first 2 weeks on finasteride my sex drive was dramatically increased. I had random errections for no reason all the time, not to mention any time a saw a hot woman. While i dont masturbate that often for this two weeks i felt the constant need to do it 2-3 times a day. But then it disappeared and it was less than baseline. Messing with hormones is really tricky i guess.

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
Martaveli said:
Same here. I'm 20 and started Finastride and feared for my sex life. However, it did the opposite! I want it even more now, and am second looking EVERY decent looking girl I see. At least finasteride confirmed my sexuality :D
How long have you been on finasteride? I've heard of finasteride (and avodart?) having a positive effect on some people's sex drive in the first few weeks or so when the body's still adjusting to the hormone changes, but then it balances out, or even lowers.

Plus, what would really worry me is not experiencing any sexual sides until months/years later when you've become reliant on it, like some people experience.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
been on dutas over a month and my sex drive has been fine.. actually increased some.