Very confused... and also amused.

Aedan

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys didn't really know where else to rant my thoughts other than here....

Heres the story anyway...

I had my heart broke 5 months ago by a girl i beleived to be at the time the girl of my dreams, in my eyes, at the time, through rose tinted glasses i saw her as a solid 10/10, lovely personality, happy, bubbly... etc. I still dream about her every now and then which is depressing. Anyway, I decide to have a nosey at her facebook page which I hadn't done in a long, long time, we are not friends on it anymore.

What do I find? New relationship... with who? A bald guy. A bald guy i actually had met before, when we were going out. At the time, my gf and this guy were friends. childhood friends i beleive. He is the kind of guy you'd leave with your girl without being paranoid, worried or threatened... as to me he was like... not even beta male?? if it goes lower... lets see what nature threw at him shall we - A guy of 24, slick bald, very short, not particularly pretty face, and a squeeky voice. I never ever would have felt threatened by him when it comes to girls.

Yet there u have it.... my beautiful ex girlfriend who i beleived was the most materialistic image conscience girl i had ever met (when i finally realised it) was going with a short ugly bald guy.

I am genuinely completly baffled.

Then somethin else just hit me, the girl i was in love with during college who rejected me is going out with an ugly bald guy and has been for over a year now.

Maybe i should just shave my head.

Anyway, this can be just put down to another bita proof that hair means f*** all in real life when it comes to girls. grow balls, grow up, be a man.

GeminiX

Reaction score
You pretty much nailed it in your summary.

I won'd go as far as saying baldness means nothing, but my own experience, and the experience of many others, indicates it's not even close to being as important as the paranoid and negative posters believe :)

Aedan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man, i'm sorry if it came across like that, was just a bit confused.

I think it was you whose wife dumped you over hairloss? That is extremely rough, so its fair to say, to you, hairloss is the be all and end all. I guess though, if anything, they got together and he was already bald.... so he had nothing to hide or be insecure about... He isnt even good looking though, with or without hair! As i said.

I guess there are just a lot of different isolated events.

Like honestly for me, those two together just does NOT make sense, I can't comprehend it.... I'd understand if he was buff, or handsome, but he is neither.

The world is a confusing place! lol.

No disrespect intended though dudemon. sorry man

If anything let it give us all a little hope! We can all pull hot chicks when bald!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'm just a little confused by your post and not so amused. Your using this experience ultimately to send an encouraging message to bald guys, but you do it in an insulting way.... practically describing us bald guys as diseased leppers. If that is the way you think then maybe you deserved to have your heart broken. That is if your whole story wasn't fabricated to try and make bald guys feel better.... if you are trying to be encouraging, you have a strange way of showing it :/

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jon jon said:
ractically describing us bald guys as diseased leppers. If that is the way you think then maybe you deserved to have your heart broken.
Lol dude has a point ! :) it will be itronic if you loss all of it (which i dont wish you to)

Aedan

Established Member
Reaction score
No my main point was that he isnt even good looking, as well as being bald, short and has no physique, yet is dating a stunning girl... so what i tried to say was in this case the hair if one at all, was not the only issue.

Where do i describe bald guys as leppers practically? I said she is going with a short bald ugly guy with a squeeky voice... not just a bald guy... she is in most peoples books a very good looking girl.

SO what should we take from it? that if hairloss is the only issue on your mind it shouldn't be such a big problem.... Hell, even if you are very short or ugly as well... it doesnt need to be an issue!

And why would I make this story up?

I'm well on my way to loosing all my hair... of course I'm confused shes with a bald guy... if i wasnt worried about being bald i wouldnt be on this site? get me?

Aedan

Established Member
Reaction score
and to elaborate, as a personal level i'm always thinkin' .. "aw man, my luck with women is gunna be zero if i loose all my hair" unfortunetly thats the mind set im trying to fight with.... so thats why i was confused when i see this new boyfriend.

I'm always, as are a lot of people, critical of myself. I would see baldness as a problem for my own self only, i have plenty of bald friends who i respect no less for having no hair. Infact i nearly respect em more cuz i know what they must have went through to embrace their hairloss. You got my post all wrong UM.

I said at the very start it was a rant about what was on my mind.

johnbbbb

Reaction score
jon jon said:
Guys didn't really know where else to rant my thoughts other than here....

Heres the story anyway...

I had my heart broke 5 months ago by a girl i beleived to be at the time the girl of my dreams, in my eyes, at the time, through rose tinted glasses i saw her as a solid 10/10, lovely personality, happy, bubbly... etc. I still dream about her every now and then which is depressing. Anyway, I decide to have a nosey at her facebook page which I hadn't done in a long, long time, we are not friends on it anymore.

What do I find? New relationship... with who? A bald guy. A bald guy i actually had met before, when we were going out. At the time, my gf and this guy were friends. childhood friends i beleive. He is the kind of guy you'd leave with your girl without being paranoid, worried or threatened... as to me he was like... not even beta male?? if it goes lower... lets see what nature threw at him shall we - A guy of 24, slick bald, very short, not particularly pretty face, and a squeeky voice. I never ever would have felt threatened by him when it comes to girls.

Yet there u have it.... my beautiful ex girlfriend who i beleived was the most materialistic image conscience girl i had ever met (when i finally realised it) was going with a short ugly bald guy.

I am genuinely completly baffled.

Then somethin else just hit me, the girl i was in love with during college who rejected me is going out with an ugly bald guy and has been for over a year now.

Maybe i should just shave my head.

Anyway, this can be just put down to another bita proof that hair means f*ck all in real life when it comes to girls. grow balls, grow up, be a man.

Yup good point. I see women all the time with guys who are bald and/or unattractive.

Who knows why she got with him. Just don't look at her Facebook anymore and don't contact her, that'll help you move on.

One thing I learned from dating is always be wary of a girl who spends a lot of time with her "guy friends". Like you I lost an ex-girlfriend to a guy I would have never considered a threat.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
jon jon said:
You got my post all wrong UM.

I said at the very start it was a rant about what was on my mind.

Maybe, but it sounded to me like you are saying that because of the way this guy looks that he has nothing to contribute to the opposite sex... like he is worthless or something. Perhaps this guy has something to offer beyond vacant good looks, like just being a good person who actually cares. Maybe your ex saw something refreshing in this guy that your mindset did not allow you to see yourself.... because from the tone of your post it is obvious to me that you can't see past his appearance. I just found your assumption offensive jon jon.... I hope you can understand why.

lock

Reaction score
in a nutshell: only um can say bald is worthless (thats why he's always saying it..it seems you dont get it

Aedan

Established Member
Reaction score
Lock this must be true because once again UM you seem to just be concentrating on the fact i said he was bald AS WELL so you are offended? He is not only just bald, I've met the guy and i wouldnt have been able to put them both together..... with him as a whole not just because he is bald...

So say if somehow circumstances worked out a way for wayne rooney to start dating say... angelina joeline, would we assume just because he is bald its unfathomable how they are together? Overlooking the fact he acts like a twat on and off the pitch half the time, and isn't neccesarily a looker, bald or not.
If jason Statham started dating her? I'd not be like.. WHAT THE f*** OMG HOW? It'd be perfectly reasonable... he is a good looking masculine guy, and remember both these guys are loaded, so money isnt the issue. So see, I do not think bald people are leppers.....

I'm also not saying first example would be WRONG and terrible, i'm saying we'd be all slightly confused. I'm loosing my hair so i think it's an issue at the moment, if i didnt i wouldnt be here. So yeah, i'd be confused because i'd think, eh he is balding and not even good looking? the latter example however i'd think, hmm yeah he is bald but is a cool guy and good looking anyway.

the post was to do with the fact in my head i thought baldness made a whole lot of difference.... obviously in this case amonsgt the rest of this guys traits it did not.

Aedan

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe, but it sounded to me like you are saying that because of the way this guy looks that he has nothing to contribute to the opposite sex

And no UM, you've interpreted it all wrong, In a nutshell I felt he is dating someone out of his league. I'm sure we all felt like this towards someone at that point. Not just because of how he looked. I met him remember.

And for the record im completly over her, so i'm not at all upset about it lol.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
The OP is right in his observations. Confidence is much more important for women than hair.

On the other hand, hair is important to me. If I don't feel good about myself I cant project confidence.

It's a strange feeling. Most of the time Im confident, but I get my lows as well.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
lock said:
in a nutshell: only um can say bald is worthless (thats why he's always saying it..it seems you dont get it

I wasn't calling bald worthless, I was saying OP made this bald guy sound worthless in his post. Granted it was for more than just being bald... but the other attributes (ugly face, short, high pitched voice) he described are just as out of his control as his baldness so it is equally unfair to judge him on that too. Unless this guy she is hooking up with is a total a**h** then I don't see what the problem is.

... and to reiterate, I don't think bald people are inferior.... I recognize the stigma that paints us as such but just because I choose to recognize it doesn't mean I agree with it. Please understand the distinction.