Velus hairs??

stepbehind

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been seeing some re-growth of some fine hairs on my front (and I hope on the back of my head...) The only problem is that they're still pretty fine and slow growing. But I have noticed that they are growing in length and thickness...just really slowly. Does it just take a few hair cycles for the hair to look like actual hair?

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that it ever looks like normal hair from what I've heard. I believe that it stays somewhat thinner than the rest of your hair (I could be mistaken)

Nonetheless, yeah, I'd say it would take many cycles and quite a while to get it up to speed. I hope it works for me on my temples because man, they are beginning to take a beating lately.

Deaner

Reaction score
I've had them for nearly 8 months, and now more and more vellus hair is developing, a small amount of which is going terminal near the hairline. It's a really really slow process.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree with Deaner...

The whole process is just very very slow and will take time. Look at it this way, you didnt lose hair overnight, so you wont grow hair overnight. Be patient and hopefully, in time, your hairs will cycle and grow thicker.

Best of luck!
Tony

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yup, with deaner. at 2.5 months of treatment i had like hundreds of little hairs, many of them have gone terminal, but i still have a lot of little hairs that are still vellous, they made need a few more cycles to kick into full gear, or they may never, only time will tell. it is very very slow. I am at 4.5 months and improved decently, 1 year should show some good results. so some do get to be full blown hairs, but probably not all of them.

stepbehind

Reaction score
Well, I guess that means the treatments are definetly working. I'm not as lucky as you Trent, it took me about seven months to get these velus hairs. Hopefully, a lot of them will begin going terminal soon.

Btw, about how often is a hair cycle?

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just ending my 2nd month on Propecia and my hairline and temples have a ton of blonde vellous hairs. I'm a light brunette. They are all very close together and fill up where my hairline used to be. I'm pretty hopeful about them. I cheer them on and tell them they're sexy to boost their hair ego.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
some of the vellus ones that don't grow longer, i typically pull out and eat, so as to show the others the consequence of not growing.... thats just me though.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
but it sounds like you are right on schedule, in fact, even someone getting some regrowth at seven months is considered a "good responder" so a year should be something to look forward to for you.