Vellus Hairs Turn Thick?

bodysnatcher

Established Member
Reaction score
I have trawled the site and have not found a conclusive answer

I have been using minoxodil 5% for about 10 months on my temples.

I have noticed a few vellus hair that have been there for about 2 months.

Will those vellous hairs grow thick and increase in pigment?
(i have dark brown hair)

I know results vary dramatically, but has anyone experieced their vellus hairs become thick and blend into normal hair?

Thank you

bodysnatcher

Established Member
Reaction score
awsome, glad to hear,

can you recall the time frame?
anyone else?
anyone aquire vellus hair that did not turn thick?

i would love to see a few more posts on this topic

Petchsky

Reaction score
Vellus hairs normally turn terminal, especially if your still in your first year of treatment. I have vellus hairs that are still slowly turning terminal now 2 and a half years later. Be patient, you did'nt lose it in a few months.

bodysnatcher

Established Member
Reaction score
your vellus hairs turned thick 2 and a half years aftter usinf minoxidil
or
You had vellus hairs for 2 and a half years before they went thick?

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
I can say I feel I have more vellus hairs that are continually going thick 3 years in and now that I've added a few more things to my regimine. Its a slow, slow process, and its not much at a time... but over a prolonged period of time it looks positive.

foeplay

Reaction score
Do vellus hairs only come out only on the hair line and temples, or also on the vertex? I have some on my hairline and temples, They started out blonde and now have become dark. I cant tell if I have any on my vertex though because its hard to see there.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im in an experiment right now. I grew this vellous hair about 1/2 inch on the front of the hairline that I was keeping track on and it just fell out the other day after growning for a few months. Im gonna track the new hair to see what type it is. Its gonna be easy to tell the new hair as I know its exact placement becasue it sits a bit in front of my hairline. I have vellus everywhere and I cant wait!

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wangho75 said:
im in an experiment right now. I grew this vellous hair about 1/2 inch on the front of the hairline that I was keeping track on and it just fell out the other day after growning for a few months. Im gonna track the new hair to see what type it is. Its gonna be easy to tell the new hair as I know its exact placement becasue it sits a bit in front of my hairline. I have vellus everywhere and I cant wait!

yep! It came back a thick dark terminal hair just last month

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bodysnatcher said:
I have trawled the site and have not found a conclusive answer

I have been using minoxodil 5% for about 10 months on my temples.

I have noticed a few vellus hair that have been there for about 2 months.

Will those vellous hairs grow thick and increase in pigment?
(i have dark brown hair)

I know results vary dramatically, but has anyone experieced their vellus hairs become thick and blend into normal hair?

Thank you

I have seen some of my vellus turn to terminal bodysnatcher. But not past that.