VELLUS HAIR THAT TURNS TERMINAL

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Could some of the Xandrox15 share their experience in regarding to the timeline of a vellus hair that turns terminal. I've been using minoxidil 15% at the hairline for 4 months. Although there are many new vellus hairs coming out, I think its wishful thinking that many of them turn terminal.

Following is my rational:

A couple weeks ago a vellus hair turned up right at the mid hairline. It took it only about 1 and half weeks to actually turn into a real strong terminal hair. So it imposes to me that if a vellus hair that is a true hair that will turn terminal, it would not take long for it to turn terminal. People encourage each other to wait for 6 months to wait for the vellus hair to turn terminal. But I don't think they will. If it was predetermined to turn terminal (due to a strong minoxidil), I think it would only take a maximum of 2-3 weeks.

I'd appreciate if others can share their experience with a strong minoxidil such as Xandrox 15, in regard to the above topic.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive heard that it takes time for the vellus to turn terminal as the vellus hairs are becoming stronger, will shed, then keep growing back better and stronger. That's what Ive heard anyway.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Because of the nature of my treatment, I'm probably in the "very good responder" category. Even so, I have vellus hair, which even after close to two years are only noy starting to become terminal (And there are thousands more to go) :)

D