vellous hair regrowth on hairline

hairloss18

Reaction score
It has been a long time since i last posted ...

my hairloss started abt 1.5 years ago and started using minoxidil abt 6 mths ago . I have a V shaped on my forehead which is quite obvious .

after using minoxidil for abt 6 mths, there had been some improvement on my hairline. I could see a lot of vellous hair on my hairline in the beginning stage. I believe vellous hair will become terminal hair sooner or later.
But u will need a lot of patience as after 6 mths only 10 - 15% of the vellous hairs had successful grow. (By Successful grow i mean it had grow more than 1.5 cm)
Abt 20% of the vellous hair had improvement. (By improvement i mean it had thicker but shorter than 1.5 cm)
The rest of it is still in vellous stage. ( But i believe when given more time, there will be improvement)
I noticed that at the corner of the temples is the place which hair grow the slowest. Although hair has grow onmy hairline, but it is still sparse so when look from far, there is not much improvement. I believe that if more hairs had grow which make it denser, the V shaped may be gone.

I wonder if there is anyone else who had grow vellous hair successfully?
And how long does it take for the vellous hair to become terminal hairs?

And my last word of advice: Growing vellous hairs require a lot of patience.

My regimen:
minoxidil (1 time per night)
Hair regrowth solution which contain Alcohol tat improve blood circulation (1 time per day) Not sure if it is useful
Biotin (300mg per day) Rumor that it thicker hair therefore i hope it also does thicker those vellous hair but not sure if it is useful
He Shou Wu (1 tablet per day) Rumor to improve blood circulation but not sure if useful

hairloss18

Reaction score
My thought on vellous hair is that the growth rate of it is much slower than normal hair. Can anyone confirm if it is correct?

Cassin

Reaction score
hairloss18 said:
My thought on vellous hair is that the growth rate of it is much slower than normal hair. Can anyone confirm if it is correct?

Seems to be the case with me. Those vellus hairs seem to take about a year to get going.

surferosa123

Reaction score
Noticed small vellous hairs about 3-2 months ago. (now in month 11 finasteride and minoxidil 2%). it seems that the majority of them grow longer now and become more pigmented.

Now this seems to be a good sign!

Keep u up to date...

GeminiX

Reaction score
I've experienced pretty much the same with vellus, sometimes it seems to "take" right away and others have just sat there, teasing me, laughing almost, while I will them to grow...

I thought I'd seen the last of them, but just yesterday I noticed a new wave of vellus along my hairline, though they might be hair transplant hairs popping though, it's hard to tell (My understanding is that hair transplant hairs grow as terminal from the off).

D

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score

what are you telling me now? I use minoxidil for 18 months and still havents seen any vellous hair in the hairline (temples)...

Krooksbane

Reaction score
I believe the vellious hairs, (the little white ones) only grow about a half an inch every month. IF they grow that is. Obviously the treatment must continue so they stay alive.

jfhawk06

Established Member
Reaction score
actually, i believe terminal hairs grow about 1/2 inch/month, so i wouldn't say vellous hair have the capacity to do the same.