vdiddy's story (My Story)

vdiddy

Reaction score
Hey guys, first of all I haven't had a chance to fully explore this site but it looks like a great idea for people to help each other without getting spammed by products that don't work.

So I'm 27, I started to notice hair-loss on the back of my head 18 months ago. at first I didn't do anything about it but then every time I showered or ran my fingers through my hair i'd notice hair falling. So I went online to see what's available. I had always seen the rogaine ads on TV so I tried that, extra strengths. I did it for a month and noticed more hair falling out, i called Rogaine and they said this is normal but I was not about to accept that. So I quit it. Then I went to CVS and saw they had some products like Nu-Hair in tablet and shampoo. So I bought that and tried it out. Maybe it was only psychological but i did notice some less hair loss the first month but after that it was back to normal. So I stopped that. I even heard an Ad on TV about these Laser centers that for like some ridiculous amount of money can help, I think my quote was like $7,000 but I forget. yeah right!

Then I did what I should of done in the beginning, asked people who were loosing their hair. I was at a party and saw all these guys in their 30s with a full set of hair and I commented how they're lucky to have all their hair. They told me that 2 of them were on Propecia and that it really worked for them. Next day I was at my Doctor's and he gave me a trial 1mg 90 days prescription.

It was working! I was seeing pretty immediate results. Not only did my hair stop falling out, but within the 3 months It was thickening of hair where i was balding. 5 months later I was content. Now If I can just maintain this till I'm older I'll be happy.

The side affects. A lot of guys I talk to comment that they'd rather loose their hair and have their manhood work properly. This didn't bother me at first because I was so excited by the hair growth I wasn't really experiencing that side affect. But 9 months into it I've noticed significant loss of activity down there. So I stopped taking it for 2 weeks now and activity has returned back to normal. But I've also noticed a bit of more hair left in the shower.

Experimenting. In the next couple weeks I will play with different methods. right now I'm trying the take it for 2 days in a row, take off two days. I need to find a perfect balance with the DHT blocker and my body's hormones so I can stop hair loss yet have my manhood.

I'm curious to see how other guys have dealt with this.

Cheers.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've never had to deal with this (no side effects from propecia after 2+years, fortunately) but it would be wise to look into spironolactone, and also topical saw palmetto. i know you can get the latter at http://www.skinactives.com

revivogen could help too.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
vdiddy:

You have got to pick a treatment and stick with it. The constant roller coaster is never going to help you get the results you would.

Most treatments are meant to be evaluated after 6-12 months of use.

The loss you experienced from Minoxidil is a known side effect for most people, here is Dr. Lee's explination for Minoxidil shedding:
TEMPORARY SHEDDING FROM MINOXIDIL
A small percentage of patients, male and female, experience slightly increased shedding of hair when they start the using any topical minoxidil product. This shedding is a one-time occurrence and is usually so minor that it is unnoticed. The shedding affects only telogen hairs, which are those hairs that are no longer growing and usually represents about 10% of the hairs on the scalp. Although this shedding is understandably frustrating and exasperating, in actuality, it's a good prognostic indicator that those same patients will ultimately have good results with the therapy. All of the hair that is shed will be replaced with hair that is thicker because the atrophic process is being reversed. However, the replacement of the hair usually requires that the hair follicle cycle complete its telogen (resting) phase, which lasts approximately 100 days.

I'm glad that you've had success with Finasteride, I for one am going to try everything I can without taking it.

Good luck.

vdiddy

Reaction score
-cj- said:
vdiddy:

You have got to pick a treatment and stick with it. The constant roller coaster is never going to help you get the results you would.

Thanks for the feedback. I wouldn't say I'm in a constant roller coaster. I've gained the results I was looking for with Propecia, but now I'm looking for a chemical balance for my body.

Maybe I need a .25 mg daily or .5 because 1mg seems overkill for me. But it looks like most places only sell it in 1 mg so I might have to figure out a way to break these pill in half. I tried with a knife but it isn't a good way. any suggestions?

thanks.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
vdiddy said:
-cj- said:
vdiddy:

Thanks for the feedback. I wouldn't say I'm in a constant roller coaster. I've gained the results I was looking for with Propecia, but now I'm looking for a chemical balance for my body.

Maybe I need a .25 mg daily or .5 because 1mg seems overkill for me. But it looks like most places only sell it in 1 mg so I might have to figure out a way to break these pill in half. I tried with a knife but it isn't a good way. any suggestions?

thanks.
You can get pill cutters from places like drugstore.com, I don't know where you are located though. Good luck with it all though.