Varicocele And Finasteride (does It Cause A Problem?)

Purvis

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I have a small untreated varicocele in my left testicle. I am thinking of using finasteride for my hair. Does it cause a problem?

Are there any users of finasterides with varicocele? Thanks.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had surgery on a varicocele about 8-10 years ago. My balls were hurting pretty bad. Finasteride for 2 years with no affect on them. :)

Purvis

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had surgery on a varicocele about 8-10 years ago. My balls were hurting pretty bad. Finasteride for 2 years with no affect on them. :)
Hi mate, thanks for the answer.

I haven't been treated yet. (varicocele)
I want to use finasteride. But if my testicle hurts, i will not know which one is causing it. :(

Davidcr1996

My Regimen
Reaction score

I want to use finasteride. But if my testicle hurts, i will not know which one is causing it. :(
Your balls will hurt on finasteride or dutasteride.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score

Don’t give it much thought. I remember my varicocele was mental at some points. My left nut hurt bad and I got surgery. A few years later my left testicle started getting
the same pain and I ignored it. It got worse to the point where I figured I’ll need surgery again, went to the Doctor and he said everything was actually fine. I immediately stopped feeling the pain the next day.

My point is that if you dwell on symptoms, a lot of times it’s possible to make them worse or even create them on your own.

I think about 30% of men have a varicocele, so that means MANY men with one have been on finasteride. I haven’t found any evidence or story saying anything went wrong.

About 2 years on finasteride and no side effects so far