vanity

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
ok, arent we all being vain, at least dating wise.

say we are 6s at 18, and we could date say 6-8s (good dating life)

then at 25 we are bald, and look like 3s, so now we have to settle for 2s-4s. (lower due to confidence issues).

so aren't people like me, and saf just trying to push ourselves above who we were.

saf mentions his sex life being low in mid 20s, then got into it more in his 30s with his hairloss fix, now he's dating girls he wants to date.

but woulnd't it have been better if he just got a 2 or 4 in mid 20s and called it a day and said "this is who i am", instead of breaking out of it and being with girls he would have with hair by faking it.

i see guys with hair getting married to large women being 2s or 3s anyway, so what gives.

are we so vain, we can't "handle" ourselves not looking decent/good with a full head of hair, face it, balding we look really messed, just like a genetically ugly girl most of the time.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
It is not exactly vanity. I dont want to be with pretty girls to show off to others or brag about it. I want to be with pretty girls because its genetically hardcoded into men. I want to be happier. I dont think this is vanity.

The reason why this is hardcoded into men is because beauty of parents translates into the health of children.

Even ignoring the health of children aspect, would you want to curse your progeny with being ugly? and the accompanying pain that goes with it?

Similarly, I would not want to marry a dumb girl, no matter how pretty. I want someone intelligent because I want my kids to be intelligent too.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It's hard not to succumb to the impulse to be vain in a culture that panders to that sin only equal with lust.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I admit 100% to being vain, even if I dont see it that way myself the evidence is clear. I dont know if its something you're born with or life experiences send you that way. I do know that the way I am is probably shaped by things that I experienced in my youth.

But I know that there are people out there who wether good or bad looking honestly dont give a 5hit about their appearance.
And nearly ever poster I've ever seen on here seems to have some kind of issue with their own self worth or insecurity.
Thats why 99% of bald guys are not on hairloss forums or taking meds.

TBH I've never been with a girl who was'nt out of my league but getting them has always been a huge effort and taken time.

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
OP, why would you be dating 6-8s if you were a 6 yourself? In that hypothetical scenario are you rich or do you have a better personality than you do now?

6s date 6s unless there is something else going on (like wealth, status, an amazing personality, one is old)

Hair is just one part of the picture. Just because someone has hair, doesn't mean he's good looking and will end up with someone who is above a 2 or 3. Or *gasp* maybe he's not as shallow as you to rate his looks against someone else's before determining whether they're suitable. Maybe they're happy with the 2-3 woman.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
becuase if your a 6 with hair you can have confidence to aim higher.

tbh if your a 6 with hair you will play the field a lot, it would be easier to get 4s as well.

but if your 4 without hair it will be MUCH harder, and really hard to convince a 4 to date you, even if your in the same league, u still lack confidence and there are plenty 6s (avg looking guys with a full head of hair), instead of this walking lightbulb head, to choose from.

this is especailly true if you're in broad daylight, you will literally look completely retarded from any other guy with hair, even a NW3v.

s.a.f

Reaction score
twenty.five said:
OP, why would you be dating 6-8s if you were a 6 yourself? In that hypothetical scenario are you rich or do you have a better personality than you do now?

6s date 6s unless there is something else going on (like wealth, status, an amazing personality, one is old)

Hair is just one part of the picture. Just because someone has hair, doesn't mean he's good looking and will end up with someone who is above a 2 or 3. Or *gasp* maybe he's not as shallow as you to rate his looks against someone else's before determining whether they're suitable. Maybe they're happy with the 2-3 woman.

You'll never convince HairLossTalk.com members that not everyone thinks the way they do. Just like HPM is setting himself up for a fall if he thinks that a wig and shoe lifts are going to get him hot girls. Its going to take alot more than that to seal the deal.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
no i mean you have confidence, to push higher, with hair a guy can be arrogant and aim higher, JUST because he has hair.

your mentality changes, balding you are like "i am fucked with any good looking girl", NW1 you are like "every girl wants me".

this is my mentality.

seb

Reaction score
HPM-What are you going too do if you are walking hand in hand with a woman on a windy day,and your wig blows off?
You need too prepare yourself for these type of encounters.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
ffsake our wigs don't blow off in the wind.

its GLUED on, even in a tornado it wont come off, at least for a good month after application.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yes you can go swimming.

cuebald

Reaction score
thing is how can you live with a woman without her noticing. surely she will notice her husband disappearing into the bathroom for an hour without coming out. and every so often receiving suspicious unmarked packages in the post.
as other posters have said, if someone stands about 1 or 2 foot from your head, they can see the mesh too. it's not often someone is that close to your head, but if your wife stares at your head and sees the mesh, then what?

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
i understand what you are saying.

1st off, you dont HAVE to expose a hairline, there are plenty of valid hairstyles you can have that aren't showing a hairline, i see people without hairlines all the time, you can just have that style 24/7.

second off, the mesh cannot be seen with swisslace and bleached knots, check BA hair apparrent for close up on the hairline.

i have swiss lace ( a new type of lace) it is TOTALLY see through, its amazing actually, you can look at it right close up and it would still look 100% correct.

i have passed my thumb through the mesh and it looks like hair is growing out of my thumb, its VERY good, id say 100% perfect.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
its remy human hair.

unsure of styles, but check hairdirect and ba hair apprent, LOTS of hairstyles there, im pretty sure anything is possible.

im not sure how long a system lasts, maybe about 6 months, i glue it on maybe once a month

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
dunno, but the ultra hold says it lasts 4-6 weeks.

so that is how long you are suppose to have it on for

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
How does it work during the transition period when its supposed to be replaces? Does it start coming off? Is there a risk of it blowing off in the wind at the 4 week mark, the day before you are supposed to replace it?

Do you have to tear it off to replace? Does it hurt? Any harmful effects on the skin from the 24/7 glue?