Value for $$

U2V

Reaction score
As much as I'd love to have my hairline restored by someone of the Calibre of Dr Armani, for me the cost is just out of the question. I don't live in the States, so I'd have to travel there and pay for accommodation on top to the price of having surgery, and I've been reading $15000 for 3000 graft FUE etc...

Can anyone recommend alternative surgeons with good reps and more competitive pricing for financially challenged people like me? Or am I just flogging a dead horse here? I'm 42, and I'd say I'm a Norwood 3 with temple recession only. I've had pretty good results in bringing back the thinning on my crown to a point where I don't fret over it at all, with finasteride and Min for about a year, so I want to have my receding hairline at the temples done......also I don't think I qualify for any financing, do I? Not being a U.S citizen. (I'm a New Zealander living in Japan)

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
U2V said:
As much as I'd love to have my hairline restored by someone of the Calibre of Dr Armani, for me the cost is just out of the question. I don't live in the States, so I'd have to travel there and pay for accommodation on top to the price of having surgery, and I've been reading $15000 for 3000 graft FUE etc...

Can anyone recommend alternative surgeons with good reps and more competitive pricing for financially challenged people like me? Or am I just flogging a dead horse here? I'm 42, and I'd say I'm a Norwood 3 with temple recession only. I've had pretty good results in bringing back the thinning on my crown to a point where I don't fret over it at all, with finasteride and Min for about a year, so I want to have my receding hairline at the temples done......also I don't think I qualify for any financing, do I? Not being a U.S citizen. (I'm a New Zealander living in Japan)

Armani is in Canada.

Epstein, Shapiro, Rassman, Cole, Hassan & Wong, Ziering, are some others to look at, and there are many other good docs with great reputations. The reason Armani is so popular on here is because we are young and few docs will operate on us. Since you are older and are responding to meds you will be a great candidate for surgery and should be able to get a great transplant at any of the TOP DOCS. Just make sure you do go to a top Doctor.

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
Optimist- Zeiring? Take that f***er off the list (hes not even an M.D.). And put a ? next to Cole. While your at it add Brad Wolf.

U2V

Reaction score
Mahair said:
Optimist- Zeiring? Take that f***er off the list. And put a ? next to Cole. While your at it add Brad Wolf.

Hi Mahair
Can you elaborate on the "? next to Cole" comment? I actually had him on my list of possible choices, so I'd be very keen to hear you thoughts on him.
Cheers

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I gather (and I spend too much time at this) his results and motives are questionable. If you want me to elaborate pm me.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Mahair said:
Optimist- Zeiring? Take that f***er off the list (hes not even an M.D.). And put a ? next to Cole. While your at it add Brad Wolf.

Whats wrong with Cole? I don't know much about Ziering but I saw some pics of work he did on Extreme Makeover and they looked really good, but maybe makeup etc. played a role. Do you have any personal experience and/or knowledge of these docs?

Shapiro did your repair work, what do you think about him? You seem to be down on hair transplant docs in general, if you had gone to Shapiro before magdalan do you think you would have been OK or would you still have preferred not to get one at all? Just curious.

saucemcbrolock

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry im new to the whole hairtransplant thing. I was looking at armanis site and i was wondering how realistic you guys thought those pictures are? i know they are real just curious if there are any techniches being used that make it look better than it is.

also i know this is newb question but any way i dont know where i am on the norwood scale but im diffuse thinning all on top and on sides and a little more so in the crown.

i was curious how much these operations with some one like armani cost? since i dont know how manyh grafts i need i guess the average? thanks

s.a.f

Reaction score
SmBrolock before thinking about surgery I suggest you do a ton of research about what is involved. Also make sure you have got your hairloss halted/stabilised first.
This goes for any other newbies out there.

Spend a few weeks reading back through this site. :wink:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Depends on how much you need and wether its FUE or strip but probably $5-10k estimate.

saucemcbrolock

Established Member
Reaction score
fue is more money correct and the better way to go if money isnt a concern.? also with fue where does the doner hair come from, is it just spaced out on the back of the head?

s.a.f

Reaction score
FUE grafts are taken from the same donor area as a strip would be taken from. You are aware that FUE is for small procedures only due to the increased time it takes to perform?