Validity Of Claims On This Clinic's Page?

Artur

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a 22 year old with male pattern baldness, getting on a pretty advanced stage. I will move to Japan next month, and since I'm now considering doing a hair transplant, I've been looking for hair clinics there. My initial intention would be to do PRP, but, even though it's a very popular skin rejuvenation treatment in Japan, it seems no one does that there for hair loss. I have only found two clinics who do it, out of about a dozen I've looked at.

So if anyone knows of a good clinic in Japan that does PRP that would be swell.

But that's not why I made this thread. My question in the title is about the contents of this page (shinwa-clinic[dot]jp/en/medical/mirai/), which makes a couple of bold claims.
  • Firstly, it seems to label regular-*** FUE as a patented "MIRAI method" (probably in part because FUT seems to be the most prominent method of transplantation in Japan).
  • Secondly, it claims to have the "World's smallest punch blade", at 0.63mm wide. Is this true? Or are there thinner blades than that?
  • And finally I would like to know if the price is in line with what a hair transplant would cost in the United States or Europe.
I guess I would just like to know if the community of this website would recur to that clinic, despite highfalutin facts that might be untrue. Thanks to everyone who replies.

Artur

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a look at some Japanese hair transplant surgeons, wasn't too impressed with the results. I've seen some clinics that claim to offer Androgenetic Alopecia treatments every couple of weeks but as far as I can tell their treatments seem to be finasteride + 2% minoxidil + head massage. Existing Androgenetic Alopecia treatments in Japan aren't great. They have dutasteride approved for male pattern baldness though (Zagallo) and may be one of the earliest countries for upcoming treatments like Replicel. I wouldn't get a hair transplant in Japan though, especially if you're white/black. Looking at this website, the pictures are few and the results unimpressive.

Last edited: