******** V. Feriduni Waiting Times For Initial Consultation

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
I understand both surgeons are excellent so why is it i can have a consultation with ******** almost straight away but with Feriduni the waiting list is 9 months...and that's just for am initial consultation!

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell really, but I guess one is after money, the other is not. If you contact a hair transplant doctor and he tells you to wait 9 months that is the opportunity cost for the surgeon as you go straight to the next reputable surgeon, who assesses you hairloss within 2 week's time and books you for a hair transplant to have within 3 months or less.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
I just don't get it. In what field of medicine do you have to wait 9 months for a 30 min consultation?

hairy-tale

My Regimen
Reaction score
Feriduni and his staff produce better results as well.

Especially in terms of hairlines Feriduni is way better than ********. My opinion!

Last edited:

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm intrigued by how so many posters seem to be able to offer opinions on the work of several surgeons. I mean are they getting transplants done with ALL of them?

Reactions: KO1

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Feriduni has built a niche for himself by doing FUE hairline work on young, low Norwood guys, which is a big section of the forum. ******** has more of a conservative attitude and hasn't marketed himself as a "hairline guy" so he gets overlooked. ******** is also more FUSS centric IMO. Either is a great choice. Do note that ******** (unless this has changed) does the FUE harvesting.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
So i met with ********. He says i have diffuse hair loss in the crown. The loss area measures 15cm by 17cm which gives a circular area of 200cm2. In order to achieve 25FU/cm2 density (i'm not sure how this looks cosmetically?) i would need 25 x 200 = 5000 FU. Apparently 25FU/cm2 is sufficient to to not look like you're balding. He went onto say that it is never advisable to go for 5000 in the crown and advises keeping some powder dry for the front. So he recommends 2500 FU from the head and 500 from the beard (apparently my beard hair is similar to my head hair). The hair density of my hair in two non-balding areas is 70 FU/cm2 which is apparently 'average'. Amazingly the density in my thin crown is also 70cm2 it's just that the hair is too weak and thin to have any cosmetic effect. I asked about shock loss and he said even if i lost the the existing hairs it would be no great loss since they had no cosmetic benefit. He also observed that my 'safe donor zone' wasn't what it might be due to my diffuse crown having a V shape at the back leaving the gap between the V and the nape less than ideal. Apparently i have retrograde alopecia at the nape but i'm not so sure. I ask my barber to raise my hair line deliberately so it's just short.

Thoughts please? If only i could find a way to thicken up my existing hair.

Last edited:

Davidubi

My Regimen
Reaction score
feel luck, we have three TOP doctors in Spain and one of them has 2 years waiting time for a consultation and 2 years more to be under his hands.

hairy-tale

My Regimen
Reaction score
feel luck, we have three TOP doctors in Spain and one of them has 2 years waiting time for a consultation and 2 years more to be under his hands.

I know it's off topic but could you name those three doctors? I probably have two of them in mind but I'm lacking the third one.

I'm interested...

Davidubi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Couto, (two years)Lorenzo(one year and the most expensive) and Freitas.two years, 1+1) Three magicians. sorry for my english