using Rogaine once a day or stopping a week

verysad

Reaction score
HI
I was wondering ok to use Rogaine only once a day or stopping it for only a week?

Thanks

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it's ok to use it only once a day although they recommend to use it twice a day for optimal effect. But if you have used rogaine for awhile and reached maximum effect I don't think using once a day will do anything bad and it will probably be enough for maintenance. I don't think stopping for a week will do much unless this is something you repeat. But if you skip weeks all the time I don't think that is good.

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it's ok to use it only once a day although they recommend to use it twice a day for optimal effect. But if you have used rogaine for awhile and reached maximum effect I don't think using once a day will do anything bad and it will probably be enough for maintenance. I don't think stopping for a week will do much unless this is something you repeat. But if you skip weeks all the time I don't think that is good.

As a twice daily user of minoxidil for over 6 years, I can testify that switching to a once daily dose for maintenance may not be a good idea. I have done this for the last 4 months and my hair has gradually thinned again. It would depend on how aggressive ones hair loss is, and how dependant the hair had already become whilst using minoxidil.