Using roagine foam 101

Cassin

Reaction score
Here is what I do...

Ok, first I dispense the foam into the cap.

I do this by holding the bottle perfectly vertical UPSIDE down and dispense the foam into the cap with quick bursts of foam.

The directions say to use about half the cap but I fill a little more than 50% of the cap since I only use it once a day. I would say I use roughly 70% of the cap.

I then rinse my fingers off real quick in cold water, shake them off so I don't have water on them.

Then I scoop it out slopping foam on both my temples then mid scalp. I completely cover all my "problem" areas at one time.

I then use both hands and massage the entire foam area for about 30 seconds to a minute.

Next I rinse out the cap and clean it.

Done.

Here is a video from rogaine.

http://www.rogaine.com/Mens/?ID=1880

I can't vouch this is the best way to do it but so far it has worked for me.

Questions?

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score
question sir:

are we supposed to rub it in until it dries, i used to do that for 30 secs- 1 minutes but i was advised not to and to let it dry on its own.

what is right?

CCS

Reaction score
MSFB said:
question sir:

are we supposed to rub it in until it dries, i used to do that for 30 secs- 1 minutes but i was advised not to and to let it dry on its own.

what is right?

while rubbing it in is probably good for absorption, exposing more of it to the air so it dries faster will limit absorption.

badasshairday III

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
MSFB said:
question sir:

what is right?

while rubbing it in is probably good for absorption, exposing more of it to the air so it dries faster will limit absorption.

But rubbing it in would allow more of it to rub onto your finger as well.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
when i am still using rogaine foam, i just spray about half a cap full, then let it melt. i use a dropper to apply like normal minoxidil.

Cassin

Reaction score
Private Ryan said:
when i am still using rogaine foam, i just spray about half a cap full, then let it melt. i use a dropper to apply like normal minoxidil.

Kinda defeats the purpose of the delivery vehicle...

The VersaFoam® Breakthrough
Topical vehicles have evolved from basic ointments and solutions to creams, lotions, gels and shampoos. But patients sometimes find them messy or hard to use.
The VersaFoam brand foam vehicle is the next step: a unique, patented and versatile foam formulation for delivering medications such as corticosteroids and antibiotics into the skin. VersaFoam also offers the cosmetic elegance of a fine skin care product.

The VersaFoam Family: Formulation Meets Function
There are three VersaFoam formulations designed for specific patient preferences and skin types. All are easy to apply and spread, disappearing into the skin quickly. Prescription medications formulated with VersaFoam-HFâ„¢ and VersaFoam-EFâ„¢ are currently available commercially. Medications formulated with VersaFoam-AFâ„¢ are in development for a number of applications.

http://www.versafoam.com/

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
barcafan said:
Wait, so we're not supposed to consume it?

Afk, hospital.

Dag! I've been putting it over top my hot chocolate and Vanilla sundaes. (NOW those vellus hairs on my tongue make sense.)

Cassin

Reaction score
MSFB said:

what is right?

Its a good question and I am honestly not sure but the video shows the guy rubbing it in.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Cassin said:
MSFB said:

what is right?

Its a good question and I am honestly not sure but the video shows the guy rubbing it in.

cassin how do you style your hair after using the foam?

or do you use the foam to style it?

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I also don't know what's the indication, rub or not, but if I don't rub, some bits of the foam just don't make it to the scalp, they hang into hair strands.

I guess if you haven't diffuse thinning, as myself, this doesn't happen, but it's mandatory for me.

I would like not to rub it, and avoid getting the foam into my hands as possible. I'm noticing the hair in the knuckles going too strong!! (even for a manly man :D :D :D )

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
This is just me but I use plastic gloves for everything..eventhough its not harmful probably I just rather not get the foam in my fingers I make sure all of it goes to my scalp ...I always reuse the same gloves... after about a month the gloves turn hard like stone....

Cassin

Reaction score
chr1s said:
This is just me but I use plastic gloves for everything..eventhough its not harmful probably I just rather not get the foam in my fingers I make sure all of it goes to my scalp ...I always reuse the same gloves... after about a month the gloves turn hard like stone....

Except for **possibly** pulling out a hair or two your method is probably the best.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I always did a quick smear on my target areas, but based on that vid, I have started massaging the foam into those areas now... We'll see if anything happens.

badasshairday III

Established Member
Reaction score
chr1s said:

Great idea, I am going to use latex lab gloves to apply it now.

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried with latex gloves and didn't work out for me..sticks with my hair.. :cry:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
USE IT OR LOSE IT lol