Using Propecia & Minoxidil over 2 years.. getting worse

zurih

Reaction score
Hi,

I started using the combination of Propecia & Minoxidil %5 for 2 years now.
For me, at the first 6 months I had a really big change; no hair loss and even got new hair grown.
After about a 14 months of usage the situation got worse, and by the time, all the hair I gained, gone.
Now after 2 years, my hair loss is at it worst stage. Propecia & Minoxidil seems not working anymore.

I have couple of question:

1, any explanation for the Great improvement on the first 6 months and then everything gone?

2, Is there anything else I can do? Any new treatments?

Thanks in advance

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you think you have aggressive male pattern baldness in your family?

Balding_1

Established Member
Reaction score
I had similiar results when I started rogaine. Seemed that I had new hair growing at the 2nd month mark and my hairloss seemed to have stopped. But for the last few weeks (4 months later) my hair looks very thin in the vertex area again and I notice a lot of short hairs falling out in the sink. I am hoping that it is only a shed and things will get better.

All we can do is stay on treatments and maybe add a few new things. I recommend you start using nizoral 2-3 times a week and maybe add Nano shampoo on the off days.

BTW--I have been using propecia for almost 4 years.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
use the foam minoxidil if ya not already and maybe look into dutas

zurih

Reaction score
Whyatt said:
Do you think you have aggressive male pattern baldness in your family?

My fathers' hairloss started at the age of 28.
Mine started at 18...

zurih

Reaction score
libertine said:
use the foam minoxidil if ya not already and maybe look into dutas

Sorry if this is a newbie question, what is foam minoxidil?
About dutas, is there any side effects?

zurih

Reaction score
Balding_1 said:
I had similiar results when I started rogaine. Seemed that I had new hair growing at the 2nd month mark and my hairloss seemed to have stopped. But for the last few weeks (4 months later) my hair looks very thin in the vertex area again and I notice a lot of short hairs falling out in the sink. I am hoping that it is only a shed and things will get better.

All we can do is stay on treatments and maybe add a few new things. I recommend you start using nizoral 2-3 times a week and maybe add Nano shampoo on the off days.

BTW--I have been using propecia for almost 4 years.

Any suggested site to order Nizoral & Nano shampoo? (with international delivery)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
have you consulted with a derm yet?

There IS a chance that your hair loss was caused by things other than male pattern baldness...just a thought.

Balding_1

Established Member
Reaction score
zurih said:
Any suggested site to order Nizoral & Nano shampoo? (with international delivery)

Well, Nizoral is sold over the counter where I live (Canada) and I always buy the 2% keto version. As for Nano shampoo I buy it directly from Dr. Proctor's website at http://www.drproctor.com but you can buy a "lite" version for quite a bit cheaper at lef.org. Supposedly the lite version is just as good.

Nizoral is a must have addition to anyone's regime. Nano may or may not work all that well so its just an experimental addition that can't hurt. Good luck.