Using platelet rich plasma while on testosterone replacement therapy

dontwannaloseit

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long story short I am on TrT, very low dose (100mg a week, thinking about going down to 75mg) I also use ru58411, twice a day 50mg/ml, and am on 1mg of finasteride. Also taking MK677 every night at 15mg.

I am interested in PRP, and have no issue drawing my own blood and buying a $100 centrifuge. I work in an animal hospital and draw blood all the time, and of course youtube makes it easy to see how to do it on yourself. Not to mention that you can find PRP kits on ebay for pretty cheap. Seeing as the treatment is only once a few months, shows promise, and costs thousands of dollars at a clinic, why not try it myself?

My biggest concern is the fact that since I am on TrT, will there be any increase in test found in the plasma? Does PRP only work for people with low test in their serum? I would think that perhaps the increase in serum test would not be so great for topical dermarolling on the scalp. I just need someone to clarify.

Thanks in advance.

jazz1

Reaction score
I wouldn’t risk doing this yourself lol, why you want to give this a go? Your current regime is super potent......

dontwannaloseit

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn’t risk doing this yourself lol, why you want to give this a go? Your current regime is super potent......
The only reason i'd do it myself is because I have access to facilities and technicians that are capable of drawing blood and creating serum from it without cost to me, and from what I've read, PrP can be done with microrollers and doesn't need to be injected into the scalp. So, it's not cost prohibitive and would be within reach of what I can afford to do, from a technical difficulty standpoint. My only concern is if anyone has knowledge of whether or not androgens build up in plasma. If that were the case, then I'd assume the only people PRP (for hair loss) would be good for are those with low test/dht serum levels in the first place, regardless of their follicle sensitivity. I know insulin and andreline are both found in plasma, so I was trying to figure out if androgenic hormones are found in it as well. I'm a vet tech in training, not a nurse or doctor that works on humans and 85% of our bloodwork goes off to a lab anyway so I'm not knowledgable enough to even do diagnostics on dog blood, let alone my own.. I have searched the internet but haven't found anything. If all else fails and I don't get the answers I seek, I will just post in some phlebotomist subreddit.

Last edited:

Desolation

My Regimen
Reaction score
PRP is useless tbh, i tried it for 5 months (on and off) with no results... actually it might have done more damage than good. The theory behind it is interesting. however, by doing prp you're not only injecting your scalp with growth factors but also injecting it with growth inhibitors and inflammatory cytokines such as TNF alpha/beta, PGD2, IL-6 and so on..

if you're extremely "healthy" and don't have systemic inflammation it might provide some benefits but in my case (a smoker) ..no benefits at all.

dontwannaloseit

My Regimen
Reaction score
PRP is useless tbh, i tried it for 5 months (on and off) with no results... actually it might have done more damage than good. The theory behind it is interesting. however, by doing prp you're not only injecting your scalp with growth factors but also injecting it with growth inhibitors and inflammatory cytokines such as TNF alpha/beta, PGD2, IL-6 and so on..

if you're extremely "healthy" and don't have systemic inflammation it might provide some benefits but in my case (a smoker) ..no benefits at all.
Thanks for the reply