Using More Topicals At Low Dosages To Reduce Sides?

Leauxi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hoping someone could answer this question,

Would using more topicals i.e. RU, CB, finasteride, at tiny dosages reduce the risk of sides? Or would they just stack together in that regard?

jazz1

Reaction score
Depends what are you currently using? I have tried RU in 5% KB solution and had side effects, but they vanished more quick than when I took oral Finasteride.

I been using Topical Finasteride for over 10 years now side effect free and still working.

This is what I have compounded in my lotion:

15% Minoxidil
0.1% Finasteride
5% Azelaic Acid
0.25% Progesterone
0.025% Tretinoin
0.1% Hydocortisone

Check the thread I posted if you are interested in Topical Finasteride or Dutasteride and they do different Minoxidil Strenght mixtures etc.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends what are you currently using? I have tried RU in 5% KB solution and had side effects, but they vanished more quick than when I took oral Finasteride.

I been using Topical Finasteride for over 10 years now side effect free and still working.

15% Minoxidil
0.1% Finasteride
5% Azelaic Acid
0.25% Progesterone
0.025% Tretinoin
0.1% Hydocortisone

Check the thread I posted if you are interested in Topical Finasteride or Dutasteride and they do different Minoxidil Strenght mixtures etc.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/
I seem to be getting good skin turnover from retin-A.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

15% Minoxidil
0.1% Finasteride
5% Azelaic Acid
0.25% Progesterone
0.025% Tretinoin
0.1% Hydocortisone

We generally assume additive effects of stacking but probably no synergism. But how do you know some of those things aren't counter-acting the others? I think that I read that Nizoral might have both good and bad effects but I forget the reference.

jazz1

Reaction score
We generally assume additive effects of stacking but probably no synergism. But how do you know some of those things aren't counter-acting the others? I think that I read that Nizoral might have both good and bad effects but I forget the reference.

I been using it for over 10 years and has been working great, others as well from when the hairloss King was round Dr Lee. So there’s been huge amount of people using similar compound mixture with great success over the years. There’s another compound to Ketaconazole Piroctone Olamine, which I also use from Tony Maleedy. I agree Ketaconazole can dry the scalp, helps with the itch but again I have to oil my scalp regular to replace my scalp oils.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Works 100%.
Eyelids are no longer drooping and the circle under one of my eyes is gone. I must have only spilled rogaine over one eye, lol. I can see the hairline shedding skin from the retin-a which I seem to have a high tolerance for and I mix it with rogaine and estrogel nightly. I always have estrogel on my hairline now so that is extreme. I apply like 15 times a day to crown and hairline. The rest of the hair I use it like a hair gel and rub it all through.

I have been microneedling more often again and I can see the autophagy from all of the scar tissue that derma rolling heals. Now oral minoxidil. I bought another dandruff shampoo in addition to nizoral because I found an article saying that it might help stop inflammation and hair loss. I posted it over there.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I been using it for over 10 years and has been working great, others as well from when the hairloss King was round Dr Lee. So there’s been huge amount of people using similar compound mixture with great success over the years. There’s another compound to Ketaconazole Piroctone Olamine, which I also use from Tony Maleedy. I agree Ketaconazole can dry the scalp, helps with the itch but again I have to oil my scalp regular to replace my scalp oils.
I used Dr. Lee's sticky stuff that came out of the pump for years. It was hard to finish because it coagulated. Smelled like sulfur. Then proscar came out and they ran Lee out of business so back to 5%.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am taking oral progesterone at 100 mg but that barely registers in the body.

jazz1

Reaction score
Eyelids are no longer drooping and the circle under one of my eyes is gone. I must have only spilled rogaine over one eye, lol. I can see the hairline shedding skin from the retin-a which I seem to have a high tolerance for and I mix it with rogaine and estrogel nightly. I always have estrogel on my hairline now so that is extreme. I apply like 15 times a day to crown and hairline. The rest of the hair I use it like a hair gel and rub it all through.

I have been microneedling more often again and I can see the autophagy from all of the scar tissue that derma rolling heals. Now oral minoxidil. I bought another dandruff shampoo in addition to nizoral because I found an article saying that it might help stop inflammation and hair loss. I posted it over there.

Awesome, what’s your hairloss regime? Check out Tony Maleedy shampoo helps with inflammation and contains Piroctone Olamine. Alpecin killer shampoo has more but contains SLS.

I still have a full sticky bottle of 15% Xandrox and the 12.5%, see my thread scroll down I posted all the pharmacies I used over the years. Dr Lee closed because he was illegally selling the Topical Finasteride mixture without prescription..........

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score

15% Minoxidil
0.1% Finasteride
5% Azelaic Acid
0.25% Progesterone
0.025% Tretinoin
0.1% Hydocortisone

I would love to see how your stack performed without minoxidil in it.

Leauxi

My Regimen
Reaction score

15% Minoxidil
0.1% Finasteride
5% Azelaic Acid
0.25% Progesterone
0.025% Tretinoin
0.1% Hydocortisone

I'm wanting to use low doses of Ru, CB, & finasteride.
Also using zix & fluridil.

Do you find progesterone to be effective?

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@jazz1 I am surprised that topical finasteride works and does not go systemic. I swear from what I have seen, it will go systemic to a high extent every time. Do you think applying it topically reduces more scalp dht compared to oral? Since the scalp produces more dht, I am curious if topical would have better effects locally, but I am pretty sure I know the answer so just gotta fact check around here. Also, what sides did you get from RU?

@Leauxi i am very curious of this too as i got sides from 5% RU. But combining with CB would be nice. Love the last item in your regimen btw :D, i find it helps the most.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
It does go systemic.

jazz1

Reaction score
I would love to see how your stack performed without minoxidil in it.

I wouldn’t lol, Minoxidil was the first ever thing I used when I turned 16/17, liquid greasy Regaine. I still have faith In minoxidil as I been using it for over 18 years now alongside derma rolling......

jazz1

Reaction score
I'm wanting to use low doses of Ru, CB, & finasteride.
Also using zix & fluridil.

Do you find progesterone to be effective?

Hey I can’t say, but it’s fairly cheap to add from the compound pharmacy i use in America, the clinic I went to in the United Kingdom use it in their 5% The Belgravia Hairloss Clinic and have had many success stories on their website so ever since I switched to the America pharmacy I carried on using it in my mixture and they also sell it in conditioner which I use twice per week.

What’s your current regime? As first protocol is always Finasteride-Dutasteride-RU58841-CB-03-01, in order.

Last edited:

jazz1

Reaction score
@jazz1 I am surprised that topical finasteride works and does not go systemic. I swear from what I have seen, it will go systemic to a high extent every time. Do you think applying it topically reduces more scalp dht compared to oral? Since the scalp produces more dht, I am curious if topical would have better effects locally, but I am pretty sure I know the answer so just gotta fact check around here. Also, what sides did you get from RU?

@Leauxi i am very curious of this too as i got sides from 5% RU. But combining with CB would be nice. Love the last item in your regimen btw :D, i find it helps the most.

Hey i had oral side effects in 2010 and didn’t not give up, initially I used Topical Finasteride from Genhair at the time 0.025% spray every third day I believe they closed down. Then I eventually moved up to 0.1% six months later and never looked back since. To add horny goat weed and zinc does help with any side effects associated with Finasteride or Dutasteride. I say this clearly never stress when you experience side effects or panic as this will make things worse! Always remain positive and think sexual thoughts that will help eliminate issues.

See my thread and scroll down you can see all the pharmacies I used in the past for Topical mixtures and the current compound pharmacy I am using plus they give discount to forum members should you be interested.....

jazz1

Reaction score