Using more than finasteride

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Like i said in the other thread i opened, i already get sunburns and all.

I´m using 1.25mg of finasteride everyday and i´ve been on this since about 6 months ago but it doesn´t seem my hair is improving.

I read that big thread started by slimjiggy( or whatever he´s called) and DocJ came up with some points that i´ve found interesting:

If a 5AR blocker keeps fibrosis away from the folicule how come people still keep losing hair?

I guess in theory the medical community have reached this conclusions when researching for 5AR blockers but in practice things don´t look the same.

I was thinking perhaps starting with avodart instead of finasteride or is that sh1t scary?

Pondle

Reaction score
Not sh*t scary. Avodart's side effect profile is actually similar to Propecia. The inhibition of 5AR1, which so many guys are concerned about, does not worry me on the basis that women naturally have 3 times less anyway (and they do fine). The only potential 'problem' is the long half life. But that's a double edged sword because it also permits a more flexible dosing pattern.

Pondle

Reaction score
Yes - unlike finasteride (which just blocks 5AR2) dutasteride blocks BOTH 5AR1 and 5AR2. Some guys are concerned because 5AR1 is found in the brain. As I explained, that's nothing to worry about.