Using Minoxidil Elsewhere Causing My Hair To Shed A Lot??

Adammaan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I recently (about a month or 2 ago) started noticing a lot of hair falling out! And I was wondering if this has anything to do with the minoxidil I used in order to grow a beard...

So I'm currently 21 yo, and I always had a shitload of curly hair(got the nickname sheep), and about 7 months ago I started using minoxidil on the beard area, it worked and after 4 months i quit using it. I also had decided to grow my hair long for this first time ever(to get that Jon Snow look), and now that my hair is long I notice that a lot of hairs fall out everyday... up to the point that I get really depressed and don't want to shower... I no bald spots or anything, but I did notice that I can see a bit of scalp at the front of my hair(even more so when under direct light).

A little about me so you can help me with my question: 21yo, eat very healthy, hit he gym 3-4 times per week, sleep very irregular(and lately because of me thinking I'm going bald it takes me hours to fall asleep), a history in depression, nobody in the family was/is bald except for my grandfather on my mom's side(he started balding in the mid scalp area around the age of 50).

I will also include some pictures of how my hair looks now, I'm really scared that the minoxidil I used on my beard area had some effect on the scalp area... But I obviously hope that it is due to me growing out my hair for the first time and notice stuff that is not there when I have my hair short.

Looking forward to your replies!

imgur.com/a/yPXh9
(hair directly after shower)

3LALcDL.jpg
(hair dry, the empty line on the right of my scalp is a scar)

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are my thoughts.

minoxidil gets absorbed when using it so it can work in other places besides where you're applying it. My guess is that it worked for your hair a bit, these hairs likely became a bit stronger, then you stopped taking it and these stronger hairs could no longer be sustained so they shed and likely your original strength/thickness hairs will grow back.

It's impossible to tell anything at all from that picture though. Could be a perfect hairline for all I know.

Adammaan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.

I have included more images, but the imgur album link doesn't work.. I works if you paste in your browser though.