Using Minoxidil After A Hair Transplant

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Opinions seem to vary between clinics.
It seems to be agreed that it is unnecessary, but using Minoxidil could increase the rate of growth of new grafts.
The length of time after the hair transplant recommended also seems to vary...many simply say 'ask your clinic'.
I am currently 3.5 weeks post-op. My clinic recommended starting after 2 weeks which I complied with.
However, just 2 days ago I noticed the transplanted area became crusty again (much like the first week post-op). I suspect this is due to the residue left by topical minoxidil, and the impact of its alcohol content drying the scalp.
Crusty scalp obviously is counter-productive to growth, so I soaked my scalp with aloe vera oil to soften it overnight, then most of the crusts came off in the wash next morning.
I am now wondering whether Minoxidil is the right thing to use at this stage?? I had been using it for over a decade , and obviously would like to benefit from speeding up growth from this ugly duckling phase....
I can't think of any other way than using it each night , then treating it with aloe vera oil next day and give it a wash....it seems a rather tedious process.
Anyone care to share their experience?