Using hair fibres and/or concealer powder to prolong the life of a hair system.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone here used hair fibres and/or concealer powder to get more life out of a hair system, for example when it's shedding lightly in a certain area but otherwise still in really good condition?

My current stock Swiss lace system is 8 months in and still in great condition, apart from a smallish area of the parting near the front which has shredded due to brushing that area more than the rest of the system. Due to Covid and my supplier messing up availability and delivery of a new system, I have to make this one last so I've ordered some hair fibres. I used to use concealers on my bio hair until I switched to hair systems instead, so I think it will work fine.

HairSystemUk

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you considered venting? The salon I use offer this as a service on lace based systems if you don’t want to use fibres?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you considered venting? The salon I use offer this as a service on lace based systems if you don’t want to use fibres?

By 'venting', do you mean sending the system to a salon to get them to knot more hairs into it? How much does it cost, and who does it? It's a good idea in principle, but a bit too much hassle for me really. It'd be cheaper, easier, and more convenient for me to use hair fibres at this stage.

Last edited:

Fanjeera

Reaction score
We use them all the time... they wash out.
Hmm. I'm not sure. My hair system is quite thin and the visible scalp that should be covered is somewhat sticky from the glue that's on it. I wash only once week with shampoo and once a week with only water. I'm not sure if it comes off, when it's on glue.

HairSystemUk

My Regimen
Reaction score
By 'venting', do you mean sending the system to a salon to get them to knot more hairs into it? How much does it cost, and who does it? It's a good idea in principle, but a bit too much hassle for me really. It'd be cheaper, easier, and more convenient for me to use hair fibres at this stage.
Yes, where hairs are knotted in. You don’t need to send it anywhere, depending on the loss, the salon I use will do it there and then (they’ve told me they have a plentiful supply of hairs for venting as there isn’t the same issue with systems for supply of this). If I remember correctly they charge £25 per 30 mins, which may be enough depending on how extensive the loss is. But, it is another option to fibres.

Last edited:

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, where hairs are knotted in. You don’t need to send it anywhere, depending on the loss, the salon I use will do it there and then (they’ve told me they have a plentiful supply of hairs for venting as there isn’t the same issue with systems for supply of this). If I remember correctly they charge £25 per 30 mins, which may be enough depending on how extensive the loss is. But, it is another option to fibres.

Ok, but I don't use a salon and don't have one near me, so that won't work for me. Good idea, though, if you can get someone nearby to do it as it will help prolong the life of your system.