Using A Scalp Massager With Minoxidil Solution?

harepof817

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm 22M and just started my hair loss recovery journey. I'm hoping as I've caught it in the early stages of thinning I might be able to recover a lot of my hair, I'm currently on 1ml of 5% Minoxidil twice a day, 1mg of Finasteride once a day (with 5000mg Biotin and 25mg of Zinc supplements) and will be starting Nizoral soon.

I've also purchased a scalp massager, (might be able to tell but I panic bought a lot of this stuff when I noticed how thin I was getting) I was wondering can I use the scalp massager to massage the Minoxidil solution into my scalp better or will it ruin the Minoxidil's effectiveness?

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
scalp massager cant do anything but help. I only do oral minoxidil but from reading a hundred or so experiences from others in here, everyone should be using minoxidil either topical or oral and the lever of effectiveness seems to be: #1 oral minoxidil, #2 topical min + dermaroller, #3 topical min + scalp massaging, #4 topical min. Though I have seem some people share results that show their dermaroller + topical min may have been better than oral min. People do react differently to treatments.

harepof817

My Regimen
Reaction score
scalp massager cant do anything but help. I only do oral minoxidil but from reading a hundred or so experiences from others in here, everyone should be using minoxidil either topical or oral and the lever of effectiveness seems to be: #1 oral minoxidil, #2 topical min + dermaroller, #3 topical min + scalp massaging, #4 topical min. Though I have seem some people share results that show their dermaroller + topical min may have been better than oral min. People do react differently to treatments.

Thanks for the reply.

How do you find oral min? Really tempted by it, just due to the convience over topical min, only thing stopping me is the fact it's not heavily studied so may do nothing..

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in the US and had a hair transplant procedure Oct 2019. My hair doctor basically said, "we can do a transplant and you'll look great but if you dont take finasteride and oral min then you're wasting your money". I was worried about taking both because of potential side effects but after thinking about it for weeks I first started low dose finasteride and then recently started oral min. Both are prescirbed by my hair doctor and I pick them up at a local pharmacy for cheap (Costco here in the US).