Using A Hairdryer On The System During Maintenance

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that, when I go to a salon maintenance, they often reattach the system whilst the hair is still quite wet. Even the lace can feel slightly damp/not completely dry! The bond is always fine though.

I was using a hairdryer very carefully on my lace system to dry it before reattaching. I’m now wondering if I should avoid drying the hair as much as possible to keep it healthy.

Is there a decent strategy to using a hair dryer during maintenance - maybe to dry the lace but not the hair? Or does it not make much difference if you don’t use one at all?

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I had hair, I would never blow dry it. I would always do my best drying it with a towel. The same method still applies to my hair system. I often avoid the blow dryer cause the heat is damaging to the hair, especially when the hair is already in a fragile state of being wet.

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I should probably add that, when I do use one on a system, I do it on the coldest setting and from quite a distance so that the air is almost cool as it reaches the hair. It doesn’t seem to damage the hair at the time at all but I’m sure it’s not good for longevity

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a blow dryer on low heat to dry systems after washing, and before bonding. I don't see any real adverse effects. I also sometimes use them during stylist, also on low heat. Using stylist products designed for heat will protect the hair if you are doing heavy styling.

I have never attached a damp, lace system to someone, I do with skin... since they are more delicate and it is impossible to totally dry them without being attached to something.

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
T
I use a blow dryer on low heat to dry systems after washing, and before bonding. I don't see any real adverse effects. I also sometimes use them during stylist, also on low heat. Using stylist products designed for heat will protect the hair if you are doing heavy styling.

I have never attached a damp, lace system to someone, I do with skin... since they are more delicate and it is impossible to totally dry them without being attached to something.
Thanks for your reply.

When you dry a lace system does that include the lace and all the hair and, if so, how dry do you get them?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
T

Thanks for your reply.

When you dry a lace system does that include the lace and all the hair and, if so, how dry do you get them?

I use a canvas covered wig stand. I dry the lace first, and then flip it, pin it, and dry the hair.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I opt to just putting the hair in front a fan when I have to dry it before re attachment. It's a quick brush through to declump the hair so helps to dry it quicker