Using A Glue Brush To Apply/touch Up Glue On Hairline?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was just wondering, for those of you who tape the perimeter and use glue adhesive for the hairline on your hair system, what do you use for applying the glue? My stylist recommenced using wooden spatulas that you get from Sally Beauty. I've tried these - they are ok, but it can be hard to get precision with them when applying glue to a small area etc. I know Curtis just uses his finger.

As for touching up the hairline with a bit of extra glue every couple of days, do you use anything specific for that? I think Curtis said he uses a tooth pick - obviously you need something small as you're only apply a small amount of glue.

I've seen glue brushes being sold by Hair Direct - do these work ok for inital applying and/or touch ups, and does the glue wash out easily enough? (I'm guessing you'd have to rinse the brush under a hot water tap before the glues dries into the brush otherwise it'll be hard if not impossible to get out).

Thanks.

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was just wondering, for those of you who tape the perimeter and use glue adhesive for the hairline on your hair system, what do you use for applying the glue? My stylist recommenced using wooden spatulas that you get from Sally Beauty. I've tried these - they are ok, but it can be hard to get precision with them when applying glue to a small area etc. I know Curtis just uses his finger.

As for touching up the hairline with a bit of extra glue every couple of days, do you use anything specific for that? I think Curtis said he uses a tooth pick - obviously you need something small as you're only apply a small amount of glue.

I've seen glue brushes being sold by Hair Direct - do these work ok for inital applying and/or touch ups, and does the glue wash out easily enough? (I'm guessing you'd have to rinse the brush under a hot water tap before the glues dries into the brush otherwise it'll be hard if not impossible to get out).

Thanks.

I use HairDirect glue brushes all the time. I buy 20 whenever I order anything from there.

If you keep one in a cup of 99% alcohol, then wipe off with a paper towel before use, you can reuse it for a touch up or two. But mostly they are disposable.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I use HairDirect glue brushes all the time. I buy 20 whenever I order anything from there.

If you keep one in a cup of 99% alcohol, then wipe off with a paper towel before use, you can reuse it for a touch up or two. But mostly they are disposable.
Aren't these too big? Toothpick seems a lot smaller.