User Survey: Latest Posts Dropdown?

How many of you, when coming to read the forums, browse the forum using the "See the Latest

• Total voters
A

Administrator

How many of you, when coming to read the forums, browse the forum using the "See the Latest Posts" dropdown menu at the top?

How many of you click the forum name on the home page and manually browse by page?

Please cast your vote.

Stingray

Reaction score
Woa! I didn't even know it was there! heh.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Yeah! You can actually see previews of what everyone has said, based upon a time period... without having to even go into the thread... and clicking the users name takes you straight to their post, unlike with browsing manually. Its a very cool feature.

:rockon:

HairLossTalk.com

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Cause I have seen the feature in many other boards, just never really considered it useful.

XL

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
I see.I find it very useful.I always hit "In the last 24hrs" and scan the threads for new posts.Saves me time.But then you went digging and revived old threads, and that feature is not good for a data miner.
Hey Amber says high,she just let me twist her cap.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Yep and you can also see how many posts in the last day.

As of right now there have been 196 posts in the last 24 hours!

And what better way to see a cross section of them in a snap, than to use that dropdown at the top?

You'd never be able to get a preview of all 196 by manually browsing each thread.

Here is an example of how it looks:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... test&day=1

HairLossTalk.com

Diddy

Established Member
Reaction score
wtf? was that thing at the top always there? or is it something you added recenty? I swear i never saw that... damn handy though! :)

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
It has always been there. Thats why we put that irritating, blinking Image saying "NEW!" and then "POSTS!" next to it ... So people would notice it. (which you can only see when logged out)

Its actually the one feature our old forum users demanded when we set up the new forums because they relied on it so heavily. People didn't like this new software until that was incorporated.

HairLossTalk.com