Used Propecia over 10 years need help. Question about Zinc. and offer some advice.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
But I can't without 100 percent certainty that it won't cause me harm..

Nobody can be certain of this. Just like any drug. Risks will always be there.

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
Ok. Can you help me make a decision? I don't want to start finasteride again for the following reasons: infertility, gyno (I'm a little overweight at the moment and drink lots of
beer which increases estrogen, plus I had a gyno scare at the 7th hour of taking finasteride) brain fog: propecia crosses the blood brain barrier, there is a lack of focus and clarity while on finasteride (I only gained focus while smoking cigarettes while on the drug) morning and stiffer erections.

Reasons why I want to take finasteride: not worrying about what I could be doing to treat my hair Loss, potentially preventing my scalp from burning as I have very pale skin, being more attractive with hair.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean my cons out weigh my pros. Yet my cons might be all in my head... And with my personality I could never know for sure either way.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't smoked since 2010 either. I'm proud
of that.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I hear what you are saying, I really do. I didn't want to take finasteride either, but with the condition my hair was in I really had no choice if I wanted to keep from going bald. Do I think finasteride is 100% safe? No I don't, but I think most that take it will do so without problems. The problem with the internet and fear is that it has a snow ball effect. You get a hand full of guys that initially claimed to have sides, now everybody is getting them when initially this drug was for the most part considered safe. I do believe that sides do happen, but to most guys I just don't buy that. If I were in your shoes I would ask myself how important my hair is to me. If it isn't worth the risk, then don't take it. If it is, then welcome back to the club.