Used Nizoral 2% 4 times in 2 weeks its made it worse

alxne

Reaction score
it has made it worse???? I had a receding hairline but didn't really have any bold patches at my crown but now, it is clear to see more than one developing there. What has gone on, should I stop using?????? :sobbing:

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
alxne said:
it has made it worse???? I had a receding hairline but didn't really have any bold patches at my crown but now, it is clear to see more than one developing there. What has gone on, should I stop using?????? :sobbing:

lol buddy i use nizoral every day enough said.

its probley your hair loss not the nizoral

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
2weeks...yes, keto could have made you shed.

Seriously, with minoxidil/finasteride/spironolactone etc you often shed when you respond well. Keto is shown to grow more hair than 2% minoxidil and the way keto works actually goes back to ancient Greeks. But it takes time, I think the optimum hair count was around 2 years. Dropped the first 1-3months and then rose from 2000 hairs to 6000 or so. Only thing to notice is that it didn't really regrew hair, it just made some of the miniaturized hair turn terminal.

All hair loss experts say that if you start shedding after 2-8weeks after starting a treatment it's either a sign that you respond well to treatment or that the hair as programmed to fall out already. I hope for the first one, if I was you.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Read the last thing I wrote, again. It actually says on the package that keto could make you shed, that's for a reason, it's quite potent. That's why it's in the big 3.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/img/u ... image9.jpg
Copy paste

"Conclusion

In men with hair loss, using 2% Nizoral shampoo 2-4 per week significantly improved measures of vertex hairs in anagen phase and hair diameter during the course of a 21-month study. At 15 months, the increase in the hair growth score was close to 50%. A slight decrease in hair growth scores was seen in those using normal shampoo. "

"Conclusion

Ketoconazole, the active ingredient in Nizoral (and some other) shampoos, was more effective than minoxidil in increasing hair count in men with vertex hair loss after 6 months. The increase in hair shaft diameter was the same with both ketoconazole and minoxidil. The two products appear to work through different mechanisms, as ketoconazole decreased sebum production while minoxidil increased it. "

Last one: 2% keto compared to 2%minoxidil. 1% keto is probably almost as good as 2% keto.

It's your choice, you could quit if you want.

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SoThatsLife said:
Read the last thing I wrote, again. It actually says on the package that keto could make you shed, that's for a reason, it's quite potent. That's why it's in the big 3.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/img/u ... image9.jpg
Copy paste

"Conclusion

In men with hair loss, using 2% Nizoral shampoo 2-4 per week significantly improved measures of vertex hairs in anagen phase and hair diameter during the course of a 21-month study. At 15 months, the increase in the hair growth score was close to 50%. A slight decrease in hair growth scores was seen in those using normal shampoo. "

"Conclusion

Ketoconazole, the active ingredient in Nizoral (and some other) shampoos, was more effective than minoxidil in increasing hair count in men with vertex hair loss after 6 months. The increase in hair shaft diameter was the same with both ketoconazole and minoxidil. The two products appear to work through different mechanisms, as ketoconazole decreased sebum production while minoxidil increased it. "

Last one: 2% keto compared to 2%minoxidil. 1% keto is probably almost as good as 2% keto.

It's your choice, you could quit if you want.

i dont know i use nizoral once a day and im good
( the reason i use it every day is because i have bad dandruff and it makes my scalp better when i use it )

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nizoral can fry your hair if used too much. My hair use to look bad on the stuff until i started using less and washing it out with conditioner. Now i dont have a problem using it and my scalp feels great.

beastrad

Reaction score
nizoral makes my hair look and feel amazing!!! I'm using it 3-4 times per week.

alxne

Reaction score
I've used it another 2 weeks my hairs fucked. My hairline has now receded a ridiculous amount in FOUR WEEKS WTF HAS IT DONE. Not to mention my crown thats fucked as well now I never had a problem there before.

I'm depressed, f*** it.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your loss man. I have very recently been losing hair on my hairline but i believe its more to do with dropping finasteride more than using nizoral. Nizoral is only a weak dht blocker. I dont think its strong enough alone to stop your hairloss. Its best used as an aid in an already promising regimen for that little bit of improvement. Try using emu oil apparently its anti inflammatory and revives dormant hair follicles that are resting due to dht weakening them too much to grow. I just ordered some today. My plan is to add finasteride into my minoxidil apply it to my scalp and use emu oil straight after. Emu oil will increase the absorbtion rate of minoxidil and finasteride as well as preventing minoxidil from inflamming my scalp (which could also possibly limit growth). I plan to use nizoral once a week and nanoshampoo every other day. I might add some copper peptides, sods and procyanides into the mix if i can afford it.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
nizoral is amazing, I'd take a bath full of the stuff if i could afford it.

alxne

Reaction score
Hasn't made a difference. Have lost alot more now compared to before.
And it gets greasy faster than before. Don't know why I bothered. :(

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
Your not the only one the same thing has happened to me as well. My hairline has gotten worse and I've been on Nizoral for a while now. It can't be the minoxidil as I've only been using it for like 1 week, unless it is the Saw Palmetto.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Whatever you lost will grow back, unless it is actual male pattern baldness loss. nizoral can make you shed temporarily, male pattern baldness makes you lose hair forever. Capiche? :)

nizoral doesn't cause male pattern baldness!