Used Minoxidil 5% For Year And Finesteride For 6 Months And Took 5 Prp Sessions With It

Ahtasham

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I was 17, I took Isotretinoin 60mg a day for 6 months during this my hairs became thin and were falling out. After a while, when all my hairs became thin and a little recede in hairline. I started Minoxidil 5% twice a day (For 1 Year) and procapil 2.5% on alternative but my hair loss didn't stop and hairs looked worse due to minoxidil so I started taking Finesteride 1mg (For 6months) and took PRP sessions along with it but my hair loss didn't stop... So I stopped that treatment for a while, my hairs started to look good but hair loss didn't stop.
Any suggestions for me???

Shad264

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate maybe the hair loss is coz u discountinued using minoxidil and again if that's not the case then Isotretinoin just accelerated ur already receding hair line.
Now coming back to your hair looking good , it's just that ur hair is right now at catagen stage . After few months they would look thinner and uglier.
At this point if minoxidil and fina is not working then try something organic maybe it would work for u.
And PRP sessions if not done by a skilled professional and not done at regular intervals won't give u any godamn effect.

Ahtasham

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate maybe the hair loss is coz u discountinued using minoxidil and again if that's not the case then Isotretinoin just accelerated ur already receding hair line.
Now coming back to your hair looking good , it's just that ur hair is right now at catagen stage . After few months they would look thinner and uglier.
At this point if minoxidil and fina is not working then try something organic maybe it would work for u.
And PRP sessions if not done by a skilled professional and not done at regular intervals won't give u any godamn effect.
Receding in hairline didn't stop while I was on minoxidil and finesteride. My hairs became worse and so dry due to minoxidil. Minoxidil caused itching in my scalp and my hair texture also changed from straight to curly. That's why I stopped using it. Please suggest me anything that will work for me. Anything that can help

Shad264

My Regimen
Reaction score
Receding in hairline didn't stop while I was on minoxidil and finesteride. My hairs became worse and so dry due to minoxidil. Minoxidil caused itching in my scalp and my hair texture also changed from straight to curly. That's why I stopped using it. Please suggest me anything that will work for me. Anything that can help
irritation comes from an ingredient in formulations of the minoxidil solution known as propylene glycol. So to counter this u can maybe can try out this things-
1. Shampoo (ketoconazole or zinc pyrithione or selenium sulphide based shampoos) hair everyday to remove the minoxidil that is present in ur hair( and comb them after they are completely dry)
2. Instead of propylene glycol base try minoxidil with glycerin, water or ethanol base. Or try to use foam composition. Or if u are using 10% go back to 5%.
3 Some itching would always be there just don't do it (will depend on ur willpower
4. Ask ur Doctor to add a topical steroid or maybe prescribe u oral minoxidil
5. Try minoxidil which is available with different combinations like mino+ aminexil or mino + procapil.
6. Increase ur multivitamins, external protein supplements (Amway has one of the best) , omega 3 supplements, calcium
7 . have a healthy diet. first with fruits and less fried stuff overall and 8 hrs of sleep is mandatory
8 don't apply anything else on the scalp not even any type of oil, will render the mino useless.
9 don't do any work after applying mino (sweating in general ).

(How long have u been on the medication).

And yes don't go for a hair transplant if minoxidil or finastride isn't working for u.

Ahtasham

My Regimen
Reaction score
irritation comes from an ingredient in formulations of the minoxidil solution known as propylene glycol. So to counter this u can maybe can try out this things-
1. Shampoo (ketoconazole or zinc pyrithione or selenium sulphide based shampoos) hair everyday to remove the minoxidil that is present in ur hair( and comb them after they are completely dry)
2. Instead of propylene glycol base try minoxidil with glycerin, water or ethanol base. Or try to use foam composition. Or if u are using 10% go back to 5%.
3 Some itching would always be there just don't do it (will depend on ur willpower
4. Ask ur Doctor to add a topical steroid or maybe prescribe u oral minoxidil
5. Try minoxidil which is available with different combinations like mino+ aminexil or mino + procapil.
6. Increase ur multivitamins, external protein supplements (Amway has one of the best) , omega 3 supplements, calcium
7 . have a healthy diet. first with fruits and less fried stuff overall and 8 hrs of sleep is mandatory
8 don't apply anything else on the scalp not even any type of oil, will render the mino useless.
9 don't do any work after applying mino (sweating in general ).

(How long have u been on the medication).

And yes don't go for a hair transplant if minoxidil or finastride isn't working for u.
Thanks a lot. I have been on minoxidil for 16 months and I started Finesteride later and been on it for almost 6-7 months. I'm from Pakistan and here only Minoxidil with propylene glycol is available and and oral minoxidil is also not available. I tried to order online but Amazon service is also not available for Pakistan and they also are way too expensive for me with taxes. I'm also using biotin, zinc, iron etc. Smoking also play a role in hair loss? Because I smoke but only 2-4 cigeratte a day

Shad264

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I have been on minoxidil for 16 months and I started Finesteride later and been on it for almost 6-7 months. I'm from Pakistan and here only Minoxidil with propylene glycol is available and and oral minoxidil is also not available. I tried to order online but Amazon service is also not available for Pakistan and they also are way too expensive for me with taxes. I'm also using biotin, zinc, iron etc. Smoking also play a role in hair loss? Because I smoke but only 2-4 cigeratte a day
I ask u again has there really been no improvement in ur state of hair by mino or finas- show me some photos or write a detailed explanation for me to get a idea. Coz what u are saying only happens rarely in a verv few unlucky patients
And yes pls stop smoking not even 1 puff , if u truly want to save ur hair.
By ur photo in the profile they look pretty good though .
And yes follow the shampooing everyday step for sure (in the above one)

Ahtasham

My Regimen
Reaction score
I ask u again has there really been no improvement in ur state of hair by mino or finas- show me some photos or write a detailed explanation for me to get a idea. Coz what u are saying only happens rarely in a verv few unlucky patients
And yes pls stop smoking not even 1 puff , if u truly want to save ur hair.
By ur photo in the profile they look pretty good though .
And yes follow the shampooing everyday step for sure (in the above one)
I started to see some improvement later, because before I didn't use Ketaconazole but now I'm seeing improvement in my hairs they became a little thick but my hairline receded a little bit more in previous weeks because I stopped using minoxidil for some time but now I'm seeing improvement. Yes my hair looks good in pic because that was before my hair loss started. Hair regrowth can be possible in hairline area or not? And shampooing everyday is normal?

And that's my hairline.View attachment 131743 View attachment 131745 View attachment 131746

Attachments

• 2019-11-08-19-47-29-829.jpg
    2019-11-08-19-47-29-829.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 2019-11-08-19-51-04-640.jpg
    2019-11-08-19-51-04-640.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_20191108_210953.jpg
    IMG_20191108_210953.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 204
Last edited: