Use of Topicals -- need some suggestions/input

bozini

Reaction score
I want to try going the topical route first. I'm currently using minoxidil 5% twice a day along with Nizoral 3 x a week. I want to add something that will inhibit DHT topically. I've been doing some homework and here's what I've come out with but I'd like to see which seem to have the best results. I do know some of you are strong proponents of oral finisteride but I'd like to go the topical route first. Which do you think would be best added to my program: (1) spironolactone cream with genhair's finisteride solution (2) spironolactone cream with finisteride tablets crushed and mixed in (the recipe is somewhere on this site and I will try to find it -- if someone has the link that would be great) (3) Zix (4) Revivogen along with the spironolactone cream. I've got four listed--I'd appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Britannia

Reaction score
The revivogen/spironolactone combo you mention is probably best. Topically applied finasteride has precisely zero evidence supporting its use. If it were effective Merck would have gone for a topical rather than oral finasteride based treatment for male pattern baldness.