Urinating more at night while on finasteride?

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this? It's not every night but some nights I'm getting strong urges pee up to 6 times a night! On said nights I'm probably only getting a couple of hours sleep and I don't know if I can put up with it in the long term. I'm currently taking the finasteride 2-3 hours before bed. Would taking it in the morning make a difference?

br1

Reaction score
In my understanding, it should have the opposite effect.. Alleviating from such symptoms.

br1

Reaction score
Yea, if you suffer from BPH..

OP, take a break from finasteride.

You're wrong.. Not only if you suffer from BPH. If you have BPH you would definitely leverage from it.

I never had BPH but on finasteride, I pee better (the flow is stronger / easier). Go figure.

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had that for 1 year, then it subsided

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not sure I could put up with it for a year especially if it affects my sleeping patterns!

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you start taking it every morning then that will be the same time everyday.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this? It's not every night but some nights I'm getting strong urges pee up to 6 times a night! On said nights I'm probably only getting a couple of hours sleep and I don't know if I can put up with it in the long term. I'm currently taking the finasteride 2-3 hours before bed. Would taking it in the morning make a difference?
ive been having pelvic pain and some mild urinary side effects ive reduced my dose and its helped alot. It Could def be the Propecia in my opinion. Try changing your dose schedule, if it continues, or becomes bothersome, reduce your daily dose a bit, hope that helps! -Anthony

- - - Updated - - -

"There are no monks in my band, and there are no Saints in this land. Ill be doing all i can yeah yeah"

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
How long have you been taking finasteride? That happened to me in my first month of finasteride, it should go away. I've never had BPH.