Urinal dribbling after going off propecia?

vanguard

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was on Propecia for 18 months, but I stopped because of bad dribbling after urinating. It just left a small dribble spot each time I took a leak, no matter how much I shake it. I never noticed this before being on propecia, so I'm assuming its one of the side effects?

Now, I've went off propecia because it was causing this. I've been off it for nearly 4 months and it's still happening? Is this normal? how long until I go back to normal?

Or should I see a doctor?

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been getting that too. Have you had any other sides? Tight sack? Tight penis? ED?

:Lestat:

Reaction score
i've got same thing as you vanguard ,but had it for 2 years before i started taking finasteride ,dont know why and never been to doctors about it.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
you should check with a doctor. No use losing your hair if it's unrelated.

ash900

Reaction score
yeah

having the same side effect here as well...

Im off propecia now but still happening.

Damn annoying too!

bubka

Reaction score
i think everyone has had that every once in a while where you think it is all out, and then you dribble, i have heard friends joke about that, (maybe standups too) it's not finasteride specific imo

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
i think everyone has had that every once in a while where you think it is all out, and then you dribble, i have heard friends joke about that, (maybe standups too) it's not finasteride specific imo

No, it's not like the normal dripping. Goes on for a good hour after. You may have a problem with your prostate from finasteride. Lots of people have had problems. Keep a close eye on it.

ash900

Reaction score
yeah

I don't think it's normal... I mean I know what your talking about.
Sometimes you do get dribbling, but I think this is kind of different.
When your done, you shake... and then put him away, maybe even shake twice just to be safe! :lol: because your anticipating the dribble! ... you know. so you put him away and then BAM! it dribbles... you walk out and you look like you've pissed your pants... well not pissed but dribbled your pants then... :oops:

its like once its laying flat it just comes out... i dont think we honestly know what the repercusions of taking propecia do to us, i mean personally i've experienced some rather strange symptoms on propecia... such as it being harder to urinate, etc... I think it could be possible that propecia could cause enlarging of the prostate in people who aren't suffering from BPH??? could that be possible?

oh and personally i've never experienced the dripping going on for an hour. it's usually just immediately after urinating.

Sarangravii

Reaction score
I've been on Fins for..well, around a year now. I first took 1/4th of Proscar every four days of five; then switched to a 4th every other day). As of lately (impossible to say when - humans are so good at adapting to new conditions and forgetting the time before the condition) I've noticed something like this.

Issue 1. I can't really sit and urinate anymore because that will always 'leave a bit', causing me to have to go again few minutes later (though standing then, of course).

Issue 2. I am more sensitive to drinking water close to bedtime; this causes me to need to get up in the middle of the night to go. Never experienced this before, but it only seems to be really noticable in week-long periods, when I almost always have to get up in the middle of the night, then a month of so of this not happening. It sure is annoying. One curious side-thing is that this never happens when I've been out drinking, and then come home and poured a liter or two of water down my throat. I go out like a candle and don't wake up until early afternoon the day after, without interruptions. Hm.

And I don't know how related is, but 'libido effect' has only been positive throughout. Perhaps this too signals that the prostate has gone awry?

Anyone noticing anything similiar?

JJ1980

Reaction score
get your prostates checked IMMEDIATELY.

get a semen culture and get a fluid culture checked. Ask if the tests will recognize anaerobic bacteria too. Usually these tests need to be done within 3 hours of the culture.

I first started to have dribbling urine, then it felt like I had to pee more often, currently I have this EXCRUTIATING pain in my lower pelvis.

At times, I would notice that the inflammed prostate would cutoff some blood supply to my penis so when I'm standing for a long time, my balls would shrivel up (they won't normally hang) and my penis would be cold.

JJ1980

Reaction score
Re: yeah

ash900 said:
I think it could be possible that propecia could cause enlarging of the prostate in people who aren't suffering from BPH??? could that be possible?
quote]

my theory is that finasteride causes bacterial prostatitis in people with normal prostates. Go PM people with the sides and see if it's true. People who don't experience this seem to be in denial that there are more than 1% of people who experience sides.

also, try getting a sonogram for your prostate. One person i spoke to said there were a lot of clogged aclini.