urgent info requiring proscar and sex

hulltras

Reaction score
"In addition, since it is present in semen, male patients should wear a condom or otherwise avoid exposure of female sexual partners at risk of becoming pregnant."

just read the above on site regarding purchasing proscar. so basically i cant have unprotected sex with my girlfriend if i am on finesteride??? please tell me this is not true, i will be devastated. i understand entirely it is not to be handled by women but fully over looked the idea of it being present whilest ejaculating, how stupid.

could someone please clear this up for me, i would be very greatfull.

Brandon Mthson

Established Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere on this site that Merck, the maker of Propecia, initially erred on the side of safety, but since then it's been considered to not be an issue. Did you need an answer tonight? :sly:

hulltras

Reaction score
Brandon Mthson said:
I read somewhere on this site that Merck, the maker of Propecia, initially erred on the side of safety, but since then it's been considered to not be an issue. Did you need an answer tonight? :sly:

well i am going on proscar on wednesday and my girlfriend is on the pill, i hate wearing condoms. she will be annoyed if i have to wear a condom too. what about if she is giving oral...surely a condom then as well???

Brandon Mthson

Established Member
Reaction score
For something like this I should really include references :wink:.

Since the sensitive period of development of the external genitalia in the human embryo is the 7th to 9th weeks of gestation, there can be no danger to the child if the father is taking finasteride at the time of conception. Originally, Merck decided to err on the side of caution and warned against the possible problem of finasteride transfer in semen. This warning has since been removed from the package insert. Considering the medical/legal implications of a theoretically possible link of finasteride treatment to birth defects, it is reasonable to assume that Merck & Co. must be very confident in knowing that impregnating a woman while taking finasteride absolutely does not cause birth defects... when taking in the recommended dosages.
More info at http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/article256.htm

(to locate this, my search terms at google were site:www.hairlosstalk.com semen merck)

Brandon Mthson

Established Member
Reaction score
No condoms are necessary, even during oral during pregnancy, according to the above listed article.

Intravenous administration of finasteride to pregnant monkeys at doses as high as 800ng/day (at least 60 to 120 times the highest estimated exposure of pregnant women to finasteride from semen of men taking 5mg/day) caused no abnormalities in male fetuses.

hulltras

Reaction score
Brandon Mthson said:
No condoms are necessary, even during oral during pregnancy, according to the above listed article.

Intravenous administration of finasteride to pregnant monkeys at doses as high as 800ng/day (at least 60 to 120 times the highest estimated exposure of pregnant women to finasteride from semen of men taking 5mg/day) caused no abnormalities in male fetuses.

YOU Mr. Mthson are a very very nice man (to quote that guy off the yellow pages advert) and i thank-you. so i can carry on without wearing condoms, thank-you thank-you and thank-you.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
have oral, facial, a*** and whatever kind of sex you want. even if you to conceive a baby, you don't need to worry.

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
"requiring proscar and sex"

Well. Who doesn't? :roll: