urea & salicylic acid & some more

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
hey fellas,

i just wanted to let you know -
i have bought me some SA powder from my local pharma, and i've used it in some shampoos i make, and also i added it to my topicals (1 time a day),
these shampoos i make - well im still experimenting with that,
but the main ings are always -
* olive oil (sometimes castor oil - clear one)
* a lot of garlic
* turmeric powder
* vinegar (best is apple cider) / lemon / both,

i tried several already im not gonna talk about, but the last one i made i think is the best for now -
its made of all of the above igns, plus -
* starch
* special tea
* hot paprika
* salicylic acid powder
you can also add a lot of other things, i just happened not to have them -
stuff like ginger is great, along with other stuff, just exp though its the best.
this special tea i make with a lot of herbs thats good for hair like -
* rosemary (anti DHT i think and clears sebum, also anti shedding)
* lavender (anti DHT i think and clears sebum, also anti shedding)
* passiflora leafs (soothing)
* olive leafs (supposed to have PGD2 blocking, but i heard a lot that they good for hair)
* mint
etc etc, theres basically no limit.

anyway -
i take a handfull of garlic, no shell and put in a blender
add olive oil (all by the eye)
turmeric (not soluble in water, pretty soluble in oil, but its very messy and can stain your shower)
paprika
vinegar, lemon and SA powder,
i start with a lot of garlic and little oil, so the garlic will become smooth.
than i slowly add oil and other ings,

in the meantime i make a tea with a lot of these herbs,
water : herb ratio is about 1:1
than i mixed about 1:1 --- tea : oil
and slowly add starch
the starch acts as an emulsifer,
it makes the mixture like a paste and really like a shampoo or soap.

i made two batches last time -
1 with about 5% salicylic acid,
and other with almost none (just few sprinkles of powder)
and i have felt a huge difference between them - so i guess SA powder is soluble pretty nicely in olive & castor oils,
the difference is that the one with the SA burnt a lot more,
both burnt ofcourse because of the garlic and the turmeric and paprika, but its a really good sting for the scalp - it moves things and leave it very clean without the use of any detergant (at least not daily).

now second thing is i have just bought some hair cream and shampoo that contains urea,
the cream is to use at night and wash in morning, and it supposed to enhance absorbtion as well as give a better looking skin.

i have no idea how did i came up with this website but as i researched i became quite impressed from the way they talk about things, and so i decided to give them a try,
its a 20% urea cream with good - organic stuff, and im not sure how much urea is in the shampoo
but the point is to add urea to the regimen,
its pretty intersting that no one has tried these stuff yet (both urea and SA) so i thought i'd exp. with it myself,

i hope i can make sense out of all the stuff i use right now because it gets a bit messy...
i want to add retin a as well but i dont really see where..
i already have something i use during the night besides minoxidil (black castor oil which i leave with a sock hat on),
than i have to add the urea soon, and the retin a..
so im gonna see if this stuff is absorbed well in the scalp maybe i could use both.
by the way - does anyone knows if it will be possible with retin a (how well does it absorbed) ?

anyway here is their website if you wanna look
http://www.skin-remedies.com/hair-loss.html

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
hey,

just a little update -

so i have this kinda big pores on my nose for a very long time now (about 8 years id say),
and although i have managed to clear them out completely from blackheads, sebum and all that **** --- for very long periods of time - i have never managed to actually make them smaller and not visible.

so now im using this salicylic acid as a hair&face mask (again - its about 5% SA) for some time, and i dont even know why but ive just thought after todays shower to see how my face looks,
and im looking in the mirror, and i was so surprise that i actually got the sound - 'wow' out of my mounth.
its just about a week or 10 days, and i cant see thoes bloody pores AT ALL !
its kinda amazing stuff really,

i cant wait to see hows it gonna be with the 2 new products with the urea.

beholder

Established Member
Reaction score
hey,

just a little update -

so i have this kinda big pores on my nose for a very long time now (about 8 years id say),
and although i have managed to clear them out completely from blackheads, sebum and all that **** --- for very long periods of time - i have never managed to actually make them smaller and not visible.

so now im using this salicylic acid as a hair&face mask (again - its about 5% SA) for some time, and i dont even know why but ive just thought after todays shower to see how my face looks,
and im looking in the mirror, and i was so surprise that i actually got the sound - 'wow' out of my mounth.
its just about a week or 10 days, and i cant see thoes bloody pores AT ALL !
its kinda amazing stuff really,

i cant wait to see hows it gonna be with the 2 new products with the urea.

****, you're kidding me, right? This thing works for nose pores? I heard only one thing worked for nose pores (they are called "comedones"): adapalene.
Can you write specifically which things you put into your face mask that worked? I will isolate individual components and will try to find out on myself which components are working specifically for the nose-pores problem.

- - - Updated - - -

also please let me know for how long you keep the mask on before washing it off.

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
hey mate,

comedones are thoes stripes you wear on your nose right ?
i tryed them for just like couple of times,
i think all they do is clean the pores but then they'd get messy and dirty again and stay opened.

you have to understand that this is not a magic treatment,
if you wont keep up the pores might get dirty and open again.

im not fully sure what caused them to close,
ill write you down all i have used,

im PRETTY sure, (using valium for couple of days made me a bit amnazed),
there were two parts - the oil, and the water.
i used mostly olive oil, with a bit of clear castor oil,
i added a bit of apple cider vinegar (although i think it should be added after the water phase)
i added some turmeric powder (dont know how much)
also - you must understand that it was al experimental and i learn by trying so it might not be right, but i just gave it a go
anyway - i think i maybe added some citric acid as well, and some hot paprika (which you add for its caspaicin, which is in a every hot pepper, like curcumin is in turmeric)
also added a bit of black pepper powder, it has another ingredient that they say it makes the absorption of curcumin better (at least in the stomach i think)
im trying to remember if i added anything else, but my state of mind at the time was - making it an acidic like cream - not a soap (i almost didnt soaped during that time),

- - - Update - - -

now i remmever it was garlic,
maybe some onion as well,

if ill remember anything else ill update it,
so anyway - i heated that up (blew up the glass 'tea big thing' in the process..) - use pyrex jar on top of a 'water bath', heat it up to full, let it boil just dont let water get in.
by the way i mixed it well with a hand blender, i dont remmeber if there was any 'solid' stuff' but do it for best consistency.

before all that i put on the stove a big pot with a lot of water and stuff like -
lavender (actually with a lot of branches)
olive leaves
star anise
dont remember more but any herb is good,
mint would have estrogens
passiflora leaves are soothing and used in teas for sleeping aid and relaxants.
rosemary i think is anti DHT and anti shedding
nettele etc.

boiled it real good, than let the fire a bit down and boiled it for an hour,
maybe more.
on the other hand you can just go and buy essential oils.

anyway,
i ended up with a lot of oil and a lot of water
start low first times,
i already did it couple of times so i knew i can use more.

i mixed a bit of 'tea' and oil in a new jar and started adding some starch
i think starch is good anyway, it a good carbohydrate and it used in face masks to sooth the skin ,
i added until i got a nice consistencey, creamy like.

for the SA i wanted to use almost - pure oil, because its barely soluble in water and with .5% water youd get a week SA concentration.
btw in face and body scrubs they use 1-2 %%
anyway -
i had so much of the liquids so i mixed all the oil but 400grams
400 grams of oil meant to me about a 5% SA strength,
i had a 400ml empty shampoo bottle, and about the same ammount of oil.

this is when i added the SA to the oil,
i dont remember if i added little bits of water&starch or not, but iif so it still was less than 7% id guess.
i heated it up again - just a few minutes when the oil stated to bubble.
added the SA and mixed again with the 'hand blender'

poured it all to the shampoo bottle,
maybe than it was when i used water&starch to clean the left overs from the oil bowl,
but
im really really not sure.

anyway - anytime before use i mix the bottle well,
than i have two bottles -
one of which - only oil with about 5% SA
and other of oil(mixed with all the curcumin and stuff) mixed with water and starch which made it creamy like.

i started slowly - washed my hair with a herbal shampoo, you may even scratch it with one of thoes nylon tough brushes (think its made for nails), to increase absorption.
than had some oil massaged on the hair and face (pretty drippy stuff)
at first i left it for about 5 minutes, and after use i'd use the other 'creamy' one (with just maybe traces of SA) to like 'protect the hair and scalp from being too stripped'

the SA oil kinda burnt,
but i didnt mind that,
i think that its part of its job so i just went with it with no special facial expressions or something.

the other one also a bit burns but way less (still has garlic, vinegar and stuff like that)

i dont suggest use alcohol as well.

also - i alwasys washed it away with VERY cold water (even though its kinda cold right now),
part of it is because it really really burnt my face (not really my scalp though, which skins there is thougher)
but i think it has another purpose
- the SA removes any dead skin cells,
but with hot water they might stay dead, but still attached to the skin because they're flexible.
with cold water they should come off more easly.

slowly i left this more and more time, unfortunatly now im out of it and i have no SA.

i also - sometimes - used dermaroller, and used pure aloe vera straight after.

you can also add aloe vera to the 'cream' - AFTER you mix and HEAT everything (i think its a bad idea heating aloevera, but i might be wrong)

used it for about 1.5 - 2 weeks
now im out of

another thing you should know -
few days ago i got prescribed by my derm a cream cointains - 'mometasone furoate'
i asked her for something that will help to give my face more of a 'consist' shade.
i thank saw on its directions that its a corticosteroid, and it fits to face and scalp so i try to use it on my scalp as well,
and i used it on my nose as well, so IT MIGHT HAD an effect on the smaller pores,
although - i have used it only for 2 days or so when i first looked and saw very much smaller pores.

ALSO -
i have been using recently a cream that i found at home
it contains -
3% - SA, and
flumethasone pivalate 0.02%
i think its also a steroid - it sats its for skin infections -
thing is - its exped in 2008, so maybe it just wont work,
or maybe it will work weaker - or - stronger, who knows...
anyway im using it just cause i feel like -

so to your question - i cant point out exactly which ing. caused the smaller pores,here you can review everything that i've used the last couple of weeks,
my personal opinion is that its a combination of - curcumin, SA, black pepper, AND - the corticosteroides creams.
either way - have fun, and if you do anything - report us back please !

- - - Updated - - -

ohhh - i've also mixed some (i was left over) -
2% nizoral -x- the 5% SA oil (about 50%-50%)
just a little bit,

and another bit -
well -
i had some dark chocolate -
it had no milk,
sugar is known to have wound healing effects,
so i melted a few cubes, and added it to the oil (or oil&water&starch),

used thoes as masks (left for ~7 minutes and washed off).

- - - Updated - - -

all of which are super cheap

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
Urea

ok,
ill try to make it short ----

its for a long time that i think that too much shampooing/soaping (every day) is bad, becasuse -
it strips the skin from its natural protectors, and therefor makes it more vanruble to damage / inflammation / infections / etc ...

i have also observed - many times - that people that dont soap daily always looks quite good (that includes full head of hair)
i know that they dont because i either knew them personally, or saw and knew by the type of people they are (stoners, people with dreadlocks etc etc),

i belive that detergents (found in soaps and shampoos) are bad

ive just read that UREA - is FOUND NATURALLY IN THE SKIN - in about 1%,
after a detergent use (shampoo / soap) it removes the skins urea.

the urea on the skin acts in several fronts -
its anti bacterial,
anti inflammatory
it protects the skin in several mechs, i dont know them all, but i know that one is that - it makes the skiin hold more water, as i said before.

you can read these stuff anywhere u click 'urea' on google.

it has more advantages like -
it helps with absorption of other stuff as well.

so - after using detergants your skins urea drops drastically -
than the use of an urea cream would bring this balance back, but only for 24 hours.

urea is water soluble

for a VERY extreme cases it can be used in up to 20%,
for extreme cases - 10%
other than that (maintanance - 3-5% or up to 10% if needed).

* NOTE - use less and less detergents,
hot water washes most of the nasty stuff from your skin anyway, cold water as well, not showering - also. --- either way - try to keep it mild.

*know the benefits of urea.
as i said - im going to buy a specific product, though im having some issues,
its a special product that has 20% urea as well as other good and 'friendly' stuff, ill try it for a while.

i gotta go now
see you soon

beholder

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the extensive answer, I will try to figure out what happened there..

For now the two biggest suspects are the salicylate and mometasone furoate (MF). I am already trying the aspirin on my nose to see if it would have any effect. For a week or two.

Then I will try the corticosteroid, mometasone furoate. Along with some interesting anti-inflammatory and vasoconstrictive properties It DOES seem to have somewhat similar properties as NSAIDs in how it is inhibiting the liberation of the molecular precursors of arachidonic acid -- from which prostaglandins [HELLO :wave:] are formed via cyclooxygenase(COX1,COX2) and peroxidase. Seems like a PERFECT complement to NSAIDs (think aspirin or ibuprofen) when you want to get you overall level of prostaglandins in skin to get lower. THANKS FOR THIS.

attachment.php

Interesting, this thread is quickly becoming my favorite in terms of new stuff to research.

Attachments

• e31.jpg
    e31.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 303