Upgrading From Finasteride To Dutasteride...

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasteride has dramatically slowed my hairloss on my hairline, but has been utterly ineffective on my crown/vertex. I decided that after two years, it's time to switch to dutasteride.

I plan to take .5mg every day. I'm just wondering, from others experiences perhaps, how bad the initial shed will be. I never shed when I got on finasteride the first time, so I don't know if that helps at all.

Thanks.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people report a shed in the first few months, but many don't experience any shed. I have been researching this sh*t like crazy, as I am planning on making the switch very soon as well. Hoping duta can succeed where finasteride has failed me.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
me too i am planning to try duta 0,5 mg per week . Like this i wi reach steady state in like 1 year, so i will not experiment sides before a long time . And it increase my Dht ype II 5ar inhibition slightly more

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
Some people report a shed in the first few months, but many don't experience any shed. I have been researching this sh*t like crazy, as I am planning on making the switch very soon as well. Hoping duta can succeed where finasteride has failed me.
I have a lot of confidence that there will be much improvement, I mean it's so potent I can't see it not working 99.99% of the time.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a lot of confidence that there will be much improvement, I mean it's so potent I can't see it not working 99.99% of the time.
2 big possible issues with duta effectiveness:
1. Androgen receptor upregulation
2. If hair loss is mostly a result of scalp testosterone not DHT - duta significantly increases scalp test levels

Last edited:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't believe this . look at the duta study, the much scalp test increase the better the regrowth . With 2,5 mg they got the best regrowth despite the huge increase in scalp test

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't believe this . look at the duta study, the much scalp test increase the better the regrowth . With 2,5 mg they got the best regrowth despite the huge increase in scalp test
Yeah except that isn't the case for everyone. Heard of several people with accelerated hair loss even a year on duta. Everyone blames DHT as the sole cause of mbp but that most definitely isn't the case.

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
2 big possible issues with duta effectiveness:
1. Androgen receptor upregulation
2. If hair loss is mostly a result of scalp testosterone not DHT - duta significantly increases scalp test levels
Worth a shot imho.