Updates on German research

Letac

Reaction score
Does anyone have any clue when it comes to these guys? What theire status is? I guess that they are working on something, but what are they acctually working on, and have they said anything about the chances to succeed and if so, when?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
F-M-DHT said:
any Idea how much funding they need to kickstart things?

I read somewhere that they already get funding in the millions (most likely federal). Though if we collectively, members here on the forum and others who are affected by hair loss really wanted to potentially speed things up, we could have a donation system for the Dr. Roland Lauster's team and help him help us.

I'm more than willing to put my money for research that I know will benefit me and a millions others around the globe. I'm sure many others will feel the same as I do.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mojo Risin said:
I wonder why Spencer from The Bald Truth doesn't try getting interviews with them.

Probably a few problems;

getting a hold of him
getting him to take time off
language barrier
potential need for secrecy about his research

But I agree, it would be amazing to hear directly from Dr. Roland Lauster.

Mojo Risin

Reaction score
I don't know, if he wants funding, he can't be hiding in his lab for months ... he gotta share something.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mojo Risin said:
I don't know, if he wants funding, he can't be hiding in his lab for months ... he gotta share something.

I just sent an email to thebaldtruth.com asking about a potential interview they could do with Dr. Roland Lauster...

But the more time he spends in the lab the better for us. But he's bound to make a public statement about his progress.

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
Is this the research ?

[youtube:33z687d0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAS_k1IrJpA[/youtube:33z687d0]

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
khali said:
Is this the research ?

[youtube:n7q5r973]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAS_k1IrJpA[/youtube:n7q5r973]

Yes, thats them.

But theyve already successfully created new follicles WITH hair, so their solution works, the video states that.

I think their solution is the complete cure and the good news is, theyve already got it. I have a feeling that for them to release their technology to the public for hair restoration will be a matter of politics and a legal process. I don't see why they couldn't be helping men with baldness NOW or even within a few years... I mean, theyve got it working!

T

TravisB

They might have cloned the hair, but it is unknown if this hair will survive the cycles, so I it's going to take some good number of years before they figure that out.

T

TravisB

Also 1 hair cloned from 1 hair doesn't give us nothing. 10-100 cloned hairs from 1 hair would be something!

Reaction score
hellouser said:
Mojo Risin said:
Looks like nobody gives a f*ck.

There is another article here in german that was posted on a website;

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,2912821,00.html

I tried using babelfish but it doesnt do a great job. If anyone speaks german it would be nice :)

Hi everyone. I've read the article, the goal of prof. Lautner and his team is not just to grow hair follicles, they want to be able to grow complete skin from stem cells for people with serious burns or other skin defects. There is not a single word about using newly created hair follicles to cure male pattern baldness.

It's like they're building a supercar and we don't care about the finished product, we just want that car's wheels.

This is my first post here, I wish I was coming up with better news.