(UPDATED!)Umm wtf *SHED PICS*

Aplunk1

Reaction score
It will come back, man. Maybe add some Nizoral into your regimen.

I don't see why you're using hairloss treatment in the first place.

jwilson02

Reaction score
well i started it mainly because i started receding and my bro had the same pattern as well as my moms dad...should i lay off the rogaine for a bit? Like i said, i have my wedding coming up in bout 3 months...im already using nizoral, msm, finasteride and rogaine foam

Aplunk1

Reaction score
jwilson02 said:
well i started it mainly because i started receding and my bro had the same pattern as well as my moms dad...should i lay off the rogaine for a bit? Like i said, i have my wedding coming up in bout 3 months...im already using nizoral, msm, finasteride and rogaine foam

Ahh okay, I wasn't sure what treatment you were using because it's probably in your "Tell Your Story" post, right? Definitely keep up with the Rogaine... You'll be glad you did. The shedding might go on for up to 6 weeks at the max, but it will be followed by growth.

jwilson02

Reaction score
only six more weeks? Ive lost more hair in 2 weeks than ever in my life...i dont know if i can do that 3 times over....i mean, think i should wait until after my wedding at least?

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
jwilson02 said:
only six more weeks? Ive lost more hair in 2 weeks than ever in my life...i dont know if i can do that 3 times over....i mean, think i should wait until after my wedding at least?

Oh, I know the feeling, I have lost a lot of hair in two weeks. If this continues for another four then I'm going to be looking pretty f*****g bald. I'm wishing I hadn't started minoxidil. :(

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil rogaine makes most people shed. Your hair looks fine but if u stay on the rogaine youll probably shed alot more. and have really bad hair on your wedding, id stop rogaine and go on spectral DNC, or possible spectral RS

if you cant handle even a little bit of minoxidil in the DNC.

jwilson02

Reaction score
im holding off until the wedding on the rogaine....
seems it will be doing tons of damage

anyone know if i will continue to shed or should i stay on it and the shed would be same if i was on or off..i was on for 20 days...

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
dude stay on it, your shed will only last a little longer and will be followed by quick regrowth. I'm on minoxidil for the second time and my first bout with it I shed miserably in month 1 and by month 3 I had tremendous regrowth and thickening. Stupidly, I quit and lost everything and then some so I started the foam about 5 weeks ago and had a horrid shed my hair looked the worst it ever has up until about 4 weeks and now only 5 weeks in i notice thickening and i litterally have hundreds of new hairs popping up in my thinned temples where I have been applying it. In a month or two I should have phenomenal results again. I know it gets scary but tuff it out.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
hey :eek: what happened to my last post?

Billmartini

Reaction score
sometimes I wish we could just make a new forum for diffuse thinners and people who actually have something to worry about. jeez. cry me a river

jwilson02

Reaction score
your right...my shedding isnt as bad as diffuse but the only thing im worried about is my wedding...after that its shaving time! frankly hair is overrated but i dont want to look like a knob on my wedding day when i see 275 of my closest freinds and family. See you get close up giant wedding photos that you have to look at the rest of ur life...sad part is that i think ill be in the worst of the rogaine shedding at that time...i couldnt have planned it any worse

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
dude I'm am telling you don't quit, and if you do most likely your shed will continue anyways and you will have less of a chance of getting any hair back. With the minoxidil you should have had great regrowth by your wedding date. I wouldn't quit if I were you you'll regret it.

jwilson02

Reaction score
well i chickened out and didnt quit(well skipped an application) ...i just hope the left side doesnt get any worse...i mean im prob a nw1 on the right and a strong nw2 w/diffuse nw3 on the left..wierd

jwilson02

Reaction score
ok guys....its been 4 weeks since i started...now shedding has slowed a little and i am actually seeiing VELLOUS HAIRS! i mean they are covering a hairline i had about 2 years ago. At first i just thought they wer miniturized like always happened before rogaine. However they are getting longer and there are 3 terminals in there. I honestly thing the msm helps with the growing time.....heres knocking on wood!

Thank you all for telling me to stay on it. Im sure ill shed some more but as long as regrowth is coming, i dont care

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
yep your about on the same schedule I was except I'm about 2 weeks further into it then you and I'm on week 6 now and the last two weeks have been great for regrowth and thickening and you should be fine by the wedding bro. It does get scary though with these sheds. Let us know how you are doing in a week or two.

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
come on man we're looking for an update, and I hope you've had success like I've had lately. I'll bet he is improving so much that he doesn't even bother coming on here anymore :shock:

jwilson02

Reaction score
hehe, yeah ur right! Well its been about 3months on finasteride and 2 on rogaine...and WOW, it pretty much all grew in...still growing...the big 3 are the way to go...Ill post pics soon..but yeah i dont come around anymore cuz im cured!!