Updated: now 18months on finasteride & minoxidil with pic

Balding_Blues

Reaction score
Hair good.

Similar regimen:

2.5mg Proscar per day
Dermaroller followed by 2-3ml Kirkland minoxidil every night
2-3ml Dr Lee's 12.5% minoxidil solution every morning

Got some asymmetry with the frontal regrowth.

Stay cool people.

BB

My regimen:
1.25mg Proscar per day
2-3ml Dr Lee's 12.5% minoxidil solution 2x per day

Proscar from Inhouse. Not sure whether the Dr Lee's is any more effective than Kirkland etc but I like it since it dries quite quickly. However, it does leave a sticky residue that can be unsightly. Also, something is definitely working so I'm not gonna change anything any time soon....

I was rigorous with keeping the minoxidil applications for the first 3months but have only been applying at night for the past month. Always taken my proscar though.

Update: 1month since my last post and I've just been given the shortest haircut I think I've ever had! (see bottom picture) I'm really pleased with the results. Also, I've recently changed my regimen to that below in hope that my hairline will improve.

1.25mg Proscar per day
2-3ml Dr Lee's 12.5% minoxidil solution morning
~2ml foam every evening
retin-a every other day on hairline

Oh, and in reply to post 7 below - yes, people have commented about my hair looking different. Personally, I think that the combination has made each hair much thicker and darker. I'm not sure whether there's actually more hairs....... we'll see.
[attachment=3:tmhv8nse]HairLossTalk.com.JPG[/attachment:tmhv8nse]

Attachments

• HLT7.jpg
    HLT7.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 2,024
  • HLT6.jpg
    HLT6.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 2,109

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 4.5months on finasteride & minoxidil with pic

It looks great, but man that's alot of fertilizer in your system and on your dome.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score

Are you sure there's no toppik in that 2nd pic? Took a good 2nd look at the after pic, I think I see Toppik.

Balding_Blues

Reaction score

Thanks guys.... Even for the accusation of using Toppik (I didn't even know what it was until now).

You're right, it's a lot minoxidil going onto my scalp. But as I said before, I'm not sure whether it is any more effective than the Kirkland brand. Dr Lee's certainly doesn't give me anywhere near the skin irritation of other 5% solutions - possibly due to the different carrier contents and I'm therefore not sure whether it is as effective for this reason. Whichever solution I use, I need a large amount since I am a diffuse thinner.

Reaction score

Not bad, great results! Similar to what I've got so far, except I have a bit more recession than you.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score

Yeah, if your hair is thick enough that you get accused of using topik, that is a good thing! :)

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score

yeah cracking results so far... i agree with the amount by the way, I use probably about 2-3ml per application as well and that is just a very thin application when applied over the whole scalp. I'm only doing it once per day though, and using a bit of foam in the mornings.

you had anyone comment on your hair looking thicker yet?

Balding_Blues

Reaction score
Re: Updated: now 5.5months on finasteride & minoxidil with pic

Update above.

Sorry for the picture size guys..... you'll all have to go out and buy widescreen monitors.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Those pictures are excellent everyone should take them that way.

Your hair seems to definetly have thickened and improved in health/color. Well done, keep up the good work.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
:bravo: