***UPDATED*** My last hope - before/after pics

david60176

Reaction score
I first started combating my hair thinning/loss about two years ago with Revivogen. I used it for about 4-5 months with little to no success, along with the gunk it would leave in my hair. The stuff also didn’t have the best smell, so I discontinued use. That was about $200 down the drain, though I thought their shampoo was pretty good, but to expensive to continue use.

Next I tried finasteride. I got a prescription for it and bought the Propecia form of it until my prescription expired and then started buying proscar over the web. Propecia gets expensive after a while. The only side effect that coincided with my advent use of finasteride was acne. That went away after a month. I can’t honestly say whether finasteride has been beneficial for me. I’ve been on it for just a little over a year and I’m still shedding and thinning. Some of my family members have said that my hair looks “thickerâ€, but I have mostly attributed the “thickness†to the facts that my hair is already naturally thick, I leave it on the longer side and “bushyâ€, and I’m pretty good at hiding my receding hair line. I sometimes wonder if the finasteride I’m getting from India is legit. I’m currently considering ordering from somewhere else.

I started using minoxidil for about 5 months, once a day, within the middle of my finasteride use. Again, it’s hard to say whether or not the minoxidil had any effective. There were some days when it seemed my regimen was having a noticeable effect, but most days it seemed like there wasn’t really any change. I stopped using minoxidil because the flaking just became unbearable.

I have also been using Nizoral for about a year. Like finasteride and minoxidil, its really hard to say if it has helped. I’m still using finasteride and Nizoral because I’m banking on the notion that these remedies have at least slowed down the hair loss, even though I can’t notice it. The two are relatively cheap so it’s worth the expense.

I have decided to give Xandrox 15 a try, as my final hope for a successful attack on my hair loss. My reasons for giving Xandrox a try follows: The higher dose of minoxidil, azelaic DHT reducer, only have to leave it for an hour (according to Dr. Lee) and then I can wash it out thereby eliminating the flaking, and I only have to use it once a day.

Below is a link of my before and after pics. I don’t think the pics are entirely comparable because my hair is longer in the “after†pics, but I’m sure you guys will get the general idea.

http://www.geocities.com/david60176/hair

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks great in the second set of pictures. I'd barely be able to tell that your thinning so I'm sure its nearly undetectable to anyone else. It seems like anyone who suffers from this affliction will have a much more acute eye then anyone who doesn't. At least you can definetly say that your hair has not gotten any worse while on the treatments. That in its self is an accomplishment. Best of luck.

Kramer

Stokes

Established Member
Reaction score
It's funny how you only start to notice bald people when you start thinning yourself.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
definite progress!!!although it looks like your hiar is lighter now.

hairlimmer

Reaction score
Response

David:
Change happens so slowly that it it often goes unnoticed. In your case, based upon your photos, I feel you have improved. I would continue your current regime and if Xandrox gives you any problems you might get a prescription for Minoxidil that is dispened at a compounding pharmacy using no propylene glycol. The elimination of propylene glycol decreases the risk of irritation from 6% down to about 3%.
Brad Limmer, MD/jac :wink:

david60176

Reaction score
Thanks for all the encouraging words. They always help a balding guy remain positive.

I put some more comparable pics side by side so you guys can judge better. There is a little bit of "flaking" in the after pics. I know its gross, but whats a guy to do.

HeartBreakKid

Reaction score
I gotta tell you the truth

In the before pics you barely have any hair on the front of your head. And on the after it seems like you improved somewhat but you cant really tell because the camera is too far away. You hair does not look thick at all in the before pics and in the after pics its styled down like ceasar so you cant really tell cause of the comb over plus the far away camera. I remember My hair was like yours for like 8 months. It was all wispy like it was barely there and people already could tell I was going bald. If I were like you I would just shave my head and stop blowing the big bucks on propecia and use it for something else that you like. Transplant? Some nice wheels for your ride?Guitar?

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
In the before pics you barely have any hair on the front of your head. And on the after it seems like you improved somewhat but you cant really tell because the camera is too far away. You hair does not look thick at all in the before pics and in the after pics its styled down like ceasar so you cant really tell cause of the comb over plus the far away camera. I remember My hair was like yours for like 8 months. It was all wispy like it was barely there and people already could tell I was going bald. If I were like you I would just shave my head and stop blowing the big bucks on propecia and use it for something else that you like. Transplant? Some nice wheels for your ride?Guitar?

Your an idiot who needs glasses and a new attitude. Enough said.

bombscience

Reaction score
hey man,

i have the same balding pattern as you and it's such an odd one to deal with. i can sympathize with you totally how it's just rediculously hard to get your remaining hair to look good. i would say you're at the least holding on to what you have or at least have better hair quality 15 months later.

let me know how the xandrox 15 works for you, it may be a treatment i try down the road.

david60176

Reaction score
Hey bomb,

I thought the same thing when I saw your pics about having the same type of hair loss. I wish I had more encourgaging results, but I'm hoping the Xandrox 15 will make the difference. I'll definitely be updating in about 3 months, hopefully with positive results.