Update with new photos.

G

May 5th onwards photos.

2.5 months on dutasteride, 2 weeks Xandrox15 + 5% (alternated). Was on finasteride from Mar 2003-Feb 2005.

My hair has got worse compared to before I started Duprost.

I will give it just over 6 months. If I see no progress, I am getting back on Finasteride. Basically, if I’m getting nothing from dutasteride, there is little point me potentially wrecking my body for no reason. I will get back on finasteride and try and get on with things.

I’ve used Xandrox15 PM for about 2 weeks, with normal minoxidil in AM. dutasteride for just over 2 ½ months. Nizoral.

Like I say, the pattern shows more. I’m not any better off than before I started. Worse off actually. Just looked at the photos; nothing has really worked for me or yielded satisfactory results. Stopping minoxidil first time didn’t help my cause, but I’ve used it pretty much religiously since December 2003.

I don’t really suit the shaved look, because of my natural small build, but I’m forced to shave it so it looks half acceptable. I have little choice. I would kill for a decent respectable hair line. When I grow my hair out the pattern shows, which results in my confidence falling.

2 years of posting these pictures and I have nothing to show for it. It’s just got worse. That’s very depressing. Haven’t had that enjoyment feeling since I was about 21. For a couple of years I wondered why. Why things weren’t the same. At 23 hair loss become noticeable and the worry started. It's only just hit me as to why I was so depressed post 21 - because of hair loss. I just didn’t know it. Kind of in denial as well.

Nothing has been the same since. Things have been well and truly down hill for me, in all respects. Probably my fault. I haven’t really taken to hair loss the best.

Totally been thrown off track. 25 now, and I have got no where. Just worry about hair loss 24/7. It never leaves my mind. I feel like I am on death row. Forget getting a girlfriend, that’s a million years away. If you can’t make yourself happy, you can’t make anyone else happy, is the saying. This applies to me.

Is there any hope at all? I need some hope.

I have no money at all, but would pay for at least some temporary relief. This is pure hell. If I can create a hairline, that looks respectable, meaning I can grow it out slightly, obviously in conjunction with minoxidil and dutasteride or finasteride. Then get on with my life in a normal manner for at least a couple of years. Maybe not.

Weighing it all up, my hair line is my biggest problem. When it’s grown out a couple of cms it looks a mess. Face-on, people will not give me the time of day. I can see it in their eyes. This is probably one of the worst things about it. The way it’s affected my social life.

I don’t know about concealers. None of them match my hair. I’ll probably try Keresome and hope.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/go....pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gooner_yddo/my_photos

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Gunner said:
Face-on, people will not give me the time of day. I can see it in their eyes.

You are deluding yourself if you think this is true. I know you will refute my statement that people don't care about your hair, but deep down you know it's the truth.

G

They will turn away and talk to you.

If you look good, with a framed face. They 'look at you'. They give you the time of day etc.

viperfish

Reaction score
Gunner,

Seriously, it is not as bad as you think! You also don't look bad with a shaved head. If your sick of being skinny get to the gym or invest in a bo-flex and take some things to help you 'bulk' up. Get a tan and go with the shaved head look. Let go of the hairloss thing, don't let it dominate you.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
It's hard to guage the progress because your hair is cut so short so I can't comment on progress. That being said, I agree that the shape of your head works well for a shaved hair look.

2young

Reaction score
I looked at your photos, and I can't see that you've lost much ground, even from 2003. Maybe a little bit, but not much. And I think you look ok with a shaved head.

I can tell you for a fact, that when I wasn't suffering from hairloss myself, I didn't care about hair at all. There are people that I've known for years, who I look at now, and think "holy sh*t!-he's losing his hair" looking back, I realize they've been like that as long as I knew them, but I never started cataloging people by the state of their hair until I began losing my own.

If you are unhappy with your life, change what you can, and try to stop worrying about what you can't change. I really think it's more than just your hair, even if the hair is at the bottom of it all.

You're probably on the two most powerful hairloss drugs (15% minoxidil and dutasteride), and if that doesn't help, it's likely that nothing will, which is not to say that you should give up, just that you're doing all you can, and there's no use beating yourself up about it.

At any rate, I think you can gain a bit of hope by reading the posts in the HM/cloning/new techniques forum, and dream of the (hopefully not too distant) future, when anybody that wants to can have a full head of hair. I know that doing that helps me get through some of my down times.

doubleplay

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't see that you've improved much but you've certainly maintained. You dont look bad bro I dont know why your trippin so hard. You need to work on your self confidence more than anything. Get a bowflex and start working out like the other poster said and feel better about yourself.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

Trying to compare is tough because you have long hair to start. However, I think you look fine and if I saw you on the street I would never even notice your hair. It is in your head

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
save up $5000 and get a hair transplant from Armani or someone reputable. Sell crap on E-Bay that you don't need like DVD's or whatever. That's what Im doing. I have a plan. I bought myself a DVD burner and have copied over 100 of my DVD's and put the retail copies on E-Bay. I have reaped around $1000 just doing that not to mention my surfboard and XBOX system with games. That's another $600. I hve about $3500 saved right now and I plan on working my *** off for the summer at a restraunt as a waiter here in my resort town = big $.

By the end of the summer, I'll have about $7000 to put towards a hair transplant. That's about 2000 FUE's give or take and I plan on being happy with my hair once again so I can move on from the self-doubt that a lack of hair has done to me. You don't have to wait 5 years for cloning. Personally, I don't have 5 years to waste worrying about this stuff. Im taking finasteride and nizoral to maintain, but the few hairs that will sprout isn't gonna bowl me over. Be affirmative and make a plan!

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
wangho75 said:
save up $5000 and get a hair transplant from Armani or someone reputable. Sell crap on E-Bay that you don't need like DVD's or whatever. That's what Im doing. I have a plan. I bought myself a DVD burner and have copied over 100 of my DVD's and put the retail copies on E-Bay. I have reaped around $1000 just doing that not to mention my surfboard and XBOX system with games. That's another $600. I hve about $3500 saved right now and I plan on working my *** off for the summer at a restraunt as a waiter here in my resort town = big $.

By the end of the summer, I'll have about $7000 to put towards a hair transplant. That's about 2000 FUE's give or take and I plan on being happy with my hair once again so I can move on from the self-doubt that a lack of hair has done to me. You don't have to wait 5 years for cloning. Personally, I don't have 5 years to waste worrying about this stuff. Im taking finasteride and nizoral to maintain, but the few hairs that will sprout isn't gonna bowl me over. Be affirmative and make a plan!

Wow... That's one determined person.

Good on ya!

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you only have a few thousand to work with, dedicate that towards the front hairline and temples to thicken that up. A concealer such as Toppik goes a very long way for the top and crown. Later on, get the crown fixed once you've saved up a bit more.

drinkrum

Reaction score
wangho75 said:

I hope you all realize that even after a hair transplant, you will still be put on Propecia.

D.

member5959

Reaction score
Gunner, i personally think your hair does not look that bad at all. I mean there is recession at the temples, but the middle of your hair line seems to be in pretty good shape. I second what wangho said, it looks like you have pretty good rear density so a hair transplant would do wonders. Anyways, how old are you exactly Wangho? and where are you getting your hair transplant?

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
member5959 said:
Gunner, i personally think your hair does not look that bad at all. I mean there is recession at the temples, but the middle of your hair line seems to be in pretty good shape. I second what wangho said, it looks like you have pretty good rear density so a hair transplant would do wonders. Anyways, how old are you exactly Wangho? and where are you getting your hair transplant?

Im 29. Ive been speaking with the Armani crew by e-mail getting questions answered and sending photos for my case profile. If anyone knows of another good reputable Doctor with decent prices elsewhere, let me hear it. I think these are the right people for a good hair transplant though.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just the lighting but did you shave off the hair below your temples in the nov 29 pics?

G

Those Nov 2003 pics were a minoxidil shed.

My hair never recovered since stopping minoxidil Sept 03 - Dec 03. Stopping minoxidil was a disaster.

I re-started minoxidil December 27th 2003. Been on since.

I will be getting a hair transplant within 2 years. This is just a nightmare.

In the mean time, all I can do is take minoxidil & dutasteride and like you say, get in a gym.