UPDATE ON ITCH - Please Help!!

KEVING

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Quick update, i have been complaining about an itch for a while now, and I've tried various treatments to try combat the problem. This itch increased greatly after i had a car crash and received a big bash to my head. As i result to this bash i was in hospital for a month. After coming out of hospital i noticed i was bald in parts of my head that i have never been before. Anyway that eventually grew back, but i still have lost heaps of hair on the crown/vertex of my head. This may have been being off finasteride for a month and a half but im still not sure.

Anyway tried various known products Tricomin, Folligen, Jasons etc and shaved my head but nothing helped. Anyway went to 2 derms and they couldn't see a problem but thought it could be some nerve damage. Anyway i agreed, and i tried Acupuncture that definitely helped. Still not a 100% but its working.

I have been back on finasteride for about 7-8 months again and i cant see any improvement think its getting worse. I know that DHT can only make your hair fallout but i think this itch/pain resulting from nerve damage on my scalp has aided it. Is this possible?? When i do give my scalp a wee scratch, i seem to get a skin residue under my nail, plus i can feel the odd spot (not a acne spot).

Anyway looking for some help? Should i hit the minoxidil yet? What else could i do? I use nizoral, T-Gel, Alphasol and 1mg of finasteride?

Please help HairLossTalk.com, lost!!??

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Kev -

What haven't you tried?

Did you try the Inflamil (gel and / or shampoo) yet?
Did you ever try the 100% pure aloe vera gel? the Iamin hydrating gel?

Talk to SE-Freak. He's doing wonders w/ Extra Pure (or was that Extra Virgin?) Olive Oil. Really.

My heart goes out to you man. I know you've been struggling w/ this for awhile.

KEVING

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes ive tried them all, really think its down to my knock. Just wonder if it is possible for nerves to affect hair loss. Or has my hair loss just accelerated!!??

Olive Oil, ye, really??

Cheers

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
KEVING said:
Olive Oil, ye, really??

Cheers

Major Thread :) http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=21937

I don't know what else to tell you my friend. Except keep on keepin' on.

As for the minoxidil - until you clear this situation up - I wouldn't be applying anything on your scalp that contains alcohol. You're just looking to make things worse.

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
Only advice I can offer is what I use to help with my itching and dandruff, so far my treatment(s) have been very sucessful.

I use Nizoral 2% in rotation wi th selenium sulfide 2.5% (prescription). The sel. sulf. seems to work very well.

If you have seb. derm. an anti-yeast reigmen might help, too. I take yeast-cleanse (pau d' arco, garlic, tee tre oil -- in very small doses, and capryllic acid).

I've had itching -- flaking since I was about thirteen and only about 4 months ago really got it under control. The only two things I changed in that period was sel. sulfide 2.5 and yeast-cleanse, so I suspect one (or both) of them is having a huge impact.

Either way, that's the best advice I can offer. goodluck.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey Kevin, this itch you speak of...is it an itch so to speak that u must scratch, or is it more of a tingling sensation...
i used to get a feeling that felt like hair literally falling out and brushing against the other hairs..i didnt feel the need to scratch my head so to speak, but more of a very very uncomfortable tingle.almost like a drop of water hitting my head and falling
docs couldnt say what was wrong with me either and brought up nerve damage

KEVING

Established Member
Reaction score
Ye its an itch, but your spot on its more a tingly feeling, it feels like your hair is falling out and its worse when my hair is wet. When i dry my hair it gets much better. Its an itch but scratching it does not make any difference. Think it could be nerves. This and losing more hair is killing me!!

Please help someone, anyone a guru on nerves and way to fix them?