Update On Dr. Tsuji's Human Trials Next Year

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m so glad people like this hop into this forum! So quick question @Toby0823 if you’re so set on this not being out for 5 years what exactly is your goal in creating an account, visiting this thread, and arguing with people in it?

If you look back, I wasn’t the first to take it personal. My “steve Jobs” comment was reused as a joke, by some old baldy that’s active on here 24/7 bcs they have no life...and bald. It was that sensitive and delusional “experienced member” baldy wack job that set things off.

Then again you call me out bcs it seems I’m the aggressor, bcs I’m not the delusional crying old bald fool trying to sound smart in a balding forum lol.

Reason why I joined? To keep me updated on potential cures with reasonable timeframes. Tsuji is the real deal, but it won’t be out in 2020. It won’t be out in 2030 most likely. History backs me up. The fact we still have to question this research or aren’t sure about it yet is proof enough it won’t be out in 5yrs.

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you look back, I wasn’t the first to take it personal. My “steve Jobs” comment was reused as a joke, by some old baldy that’s active on here 24/7 bcs they have no life...and bald. It was that sensitive and delusional “experienced member” baldy wack job that set things off.

Then again you call me out bcs it seems I’m the aggressor, bcs I’m not the delusional crying old bald fool trying to sound smart in a balding forum lol.

Reason why I joined? To keep me updated on potential cures with reasonable timeframes. Tsuji is the real deal, but it won’t be out in 2020. It won’t be out in 2030 most likely. History backs me up. The fact we still have to question this research or aren’t sure about it yet is proof enough it won’t be out in 5yrs.

shhhh don't say that, they will take your opinion for someone who trashes tsuji. but in fact you're just stating the obvious,which is that tsuji is on the right way but the way is still long. they expect it to be on market by 2020 wich means they would have to conduct trials + get approval + develop the automation process (also no company:Kyocera would invest in developping this kind of automation technology before having the certainty that trials are conclusive) all in one year. Yeah i'm delusional of course it could be done in one year.

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Toby0823 > is 30
> Calls 29 year old old

@sadila Kyocera has been developing the equipment for over a year now.
When financial giants like this set out to build sth this big, the risk is tiny compared to the potential rewards. The company is worth like 20 billion, and the cure even more than that.

I understand the scepticism. Let's wait for the papers.

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Toby0823 > is 30
> Calls 29 year old old

@sadila Kyocera has been developing the equipment for over a year now.
When financial giants like this set out to build sth this big, the risk is tiny compared to the potential rewards. The company is worth like 20 billion, and the cure even more than that.

I understand the scepticism. Let's wait for the papers.
Of course the risk is tiny compared to the rewards, nevertheless it's common business rules to minimize risks, i don't see any reason for them to pump millions into developping a technology that could be obsolete if something goes wrong. Praying to hear good news the next two years, not about the release but just about the potential in humans.

Ps: any press release or something about them developping the tech ? would love to read that. thnks

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course the risk is tiny compared to the rewards, nevertheless it's common business rules to minimize risks, i don't see any reason for them to pump millions into developping a technology that could be obsolete if something goes wrong. Praying to hear good news the next two years, not about the release but just about the potential in humans.

Ps: any press release or something about them developping the tech ? would love to read that. thnks
If you go to the Replicel life sciences web site you will see that they have developed a derma injector for use with RCH-01 so the tech is developing.

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you go to the Replicel life sciences web site you will see that they have developed a derma injector for use with RCH-01 so the tech is developing.
With tsuji i think it goes beyond that but that's a good sign, thanks for letting me know

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With tsuji i think it goes beyond that but that's a good sign, thanks for letting me know
Yes your right but they are working on these technologies simultaneously. It wouldn't make sense to have the cure but no way to administer it.

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes your right but they are working on these technologies simultaneously. It wouldn't make sense to have the cure but no way to administer it.
I'm talking about administrating it for the mass, surely they won't need any big scale machines or equipement to conduct trials but when it's about delevering to potentially hundreds of thousands of patient that becomes mandatory.

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji is amazing yes, but faster ? naah, it's been since 2012, progress was made but we're still far and only human trials will deliver answers. feasibility effectiveness and safety would take 3-5 years to determine & it still hasn't started yet.
Because human trials are partitioned in 3 phases, each phase takes 1 to 2 years sometimes more depending on the results and their interpretation. and in this case especially they would also have to watch the evolution of the follicle, it would be obsolete if the follicles generated would produce only 10 cycles then die (god forbid) or if the implanted follicles get rejected by our bodies after some time like any other transplanted organ, many questions that would need time to answer. for now i'll stick to my prediction 2025 minimum if the treatment is safe and viable

You guys clearly have no idea about japan’s medical law. Due to change of Medical law regarding of stem cell, all the company needs to do is pass the phase 1,2. Then they can release only in japan, and report 7 years clinical trials results, which means the treatment or cure that tsuji claims will be available if they pass phase II.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm talking about administrating it for the mass, surely they won't need any big scale machines or equipement to conduct trials but when it's about delevering to potentially hundreds of thousands of patient that becomes mandatory.

They won't be treating hundreds of thousands in 2020 if that is what you believe. 10 000 patients is what they aim for the first year.

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They won't be treating hundreds of thousands in 2020 if that is what you believe. 10 000 patients is what they aim for the first year.
Completely understandable, wasn't expecting something else but that number will climb up pretty fast, whether it's 100k or 10k patients equipement would be needed to deliver

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes Sadila. Replicel has developed a cheap vehicle for RCH-01 and Tsuji will be more like a conventional hair transplant but I believe they are looking at developing something like the Artas transplant robot. So the technology to get it to the masses already exists.

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes Sadila. Replicel has developed a cheap vehicle for RCH-01 and Tsuji will be more like a conventional hair transplant but I believe they are looking at developing something like the Artas transplant robot. So the technology to get it to the masses already exists.
No i believe tsuji's automation is more about an equipement able to provide the right environement for cell culturing.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Second paragraph Sadila!

How many here have actually read the interview with Kyocera Riken?

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/new-research/hair-primordiums-tsuji-organ-interview-sept2016/

There seems to be a lot of misconceptions here regarding how much hair they can clone and how they're going to transplant it.

The average hair transplant costs 8-12,000 USD. How much is this gonna cost?

"Generally speaking, the price is usually expensive during initial commercial stage, and frankly speaking, we have to admit the same for our case as well. However, after that, as the number of patients increases, we believe that we will be able to better control the price, and we definitely should be able to do so. Therefore, this is our long-term plan, but we plan to eventually lower the price to the level at which anybody can benefit from this therapy."

Do you plan to license this technology to surgeons worldwide, or do you have any plans to create devices which may help automate the grafting process to make results more consistent and uniform?

"So, at the initial phase, we plan to use only the surgeons having the level of skills which meets our criteria in order to enables us to ensure stable effectivity and safety. Eventually, in the future, we plan to transfer our technologies to surgeons at clinics in order to increase the number of certified surgeons certified in order to have our technology widely used. As for the last question of automating the transplanting process, as Toyoshima has touched on this earlier, we think that automating the transplanting process is an effective means to ensure stable effects. Therefore, we would like to consider developing a device to automate follicle transplants in the future."

If this method succeeds, demand will be in the hundreds of millions of people. Can you describe your current thinking on how production could be expanded to meet such a large demand?

"At this point now, we have already started considering about production stability and efficiency. And, as we announced in the recent press release, this led us to reach an agreement with KYOCERA Corporation to jointly develop cell processing devices, etc. to produce follicular primordiums. Eventually, we believe that not only automating the follicular primordium production process, which is only a part of the entire production process, but also automating the entire production process will enable us to further increase the production capacity efficiently. We are also considering to set up treatment locations or cell processing bases in major cities around the world. Therefore, in order to achieve this, we will need to establish a system/structure which allows us to offer our therapy at a broader range of locations including clinics. As a company, by increasing the production capacity, we aim to offer our service to about 10,000 patients a year around the world, therefore we recognize the need for developing a system/structure which enables us to achieve this goal."

-------------------------

Now, here are the more important questions for those of you who are unconcerned with the money or the details:

You have already touched on this, but in terms of offering this therapy to people around the world, will a separate regulatory approval process be required in each country?

"Yes, each country requires its own registration/approval. But, as far as we talk about the Japanese market, we are planning to offer it to the general public as a treatment in 2020."

This means that if there's someone you need to blame, it's the FDA. Unless you can cough up the money for a trip to Japan.

How many hair follicles can you clone?

"[...] Collectively from these researches, we think that we may be [able to] increase follicles at least by about 1,000 times."

This means you can get your hairline back and then some. I would also like to point out that they've figured out how to control the thickness and colour of the hair, meaning that they will be able to give you a completely natural hairline with baby hairs in the front and the whole shebang:

"[...] Our technology enables us to regenerate miniaturized follicles with 1-hair in the front, while regenerating thick follicles with 2- or 3-hair toward the back of the head."

How are you going to transplant/collect the hair follicles?

"Our transplanting technique was developed based on the FUT, Follicular Unit Transplantation, which is the surgical autografting used by hair transplant surgeons for hair loss treatment. [...] It will leave almost no scar… the scar will not visible at all. Yes, so the process requires a skin incision, but please understand that the incision will be about the same size as a needle head."

This means you can forget about them having to cut out a long strip of skin and hair. A needle head, people. That's all they need. Like I said before, they take a tiny amount of hair follicles and increase them by a thousandfold at the very least.

How long do you have to wait before you can see the results?

"3 to 6 months."

--------------------------

You got it straight from the horse's mouth here. Having said all of these things, who can now provide newer information which can refute the answers given in this interview?

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score

I’m curious what you’re basing your timeframe from? I’m also curious what your credentials are to back these claims?

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Second paragraph Sadila!
3rd paragraph confirms what i said :D

I love how they're completely independant, they don't need to pump up their speech in order to attract investor like histogen & other do. they simply don't give a f*** about what everyone else thinks. just doing their thing in silence no bullshit no dependancy, that's how you cure baldness

Last edited: