update: i'm on dutasteride

Bald Bull

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone remembers my old posts, so here's what happened in short.

I took finasteride for 13 months; did nothing. Never had any side effects. Then I switched to dutasteride; been on it for 6 months now. It has done nothing, and I have no side effects. My dick is the same size, I'm still skinny, no tits, I feel great, my skin is the same, and my hair is still falling out.

My scalp is crusty ALL THE TIME, and I haven't touched minoxidil in 6 months. T-gel, T-sal, Nizoral, Head and Shoulders all do nothing. Some of you may say I may not have male pattern baldness, but I do. I had it long before my scalp was like this; it's only been like this for like a year. The Norwood 4 pattern is easily recognizable too. It sooooooo runs in my family (dad, cousins, uncles - all bald).

Anyone have any idea why these DHT inhibitors DO NOTHING to me?

Bald Bull

Reaction score
UPDATE:

It seems people like to ignore my posts because I don't have any good news. Maybe somebody can give me some advice on what I can smear on my head to at least improve my scalp and make in "normal" again. This damn crusty sh*t is pissing me off. Dutasteride is still doing nothing. A girl at work has the serious hots for me even though I am obviously balding. Some a**h** at work even made fun of my hair in relation to my young age in front of her, so I had to quickly point out that he is short and has an ugly face and a double digit IQ and it made her laugh. I'd give her a 7 out of 11, and even when I had all my hair I couldn't do any better so it's cool.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
folligen and emu oil, I bet this will work for you.. if your scalp is that messed up then almost no hairloss treatment will work until you get that under control.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
are you not using minoxidil because it hurts / irritates your scalp?

You need to get something to cut thru the crud on your scalp and start using minoxidil.

everysixseconds

Established Member
Reaction score
are you sure your using GSK dutasteride?
DUTAS is fake, and so may other generics be.

G

Dutas is fake? Then why the big hu-bub about telling Indian companies they need to pay licensing fees for their generics? Is it actually common knowledge that dutas is fake?

Bald Bull

Reaction score
I don't really believe anything I read on these boards from the fanatic headcases that post here, so I doubt it. Dutas was a big thing when it came out, and it's sold by every phamacy I looked at (lots of them).

G

Thanks for the reply, man. Now I'm all freaked out I'm taking sugar pills...

Goingat20

Reaction score
I dont think dutas is fake it gave me a massive shed 2 month ago. Now im on duprost, anyone else think its fake i dont wanna blow my money on sh*t all....

Bald Bull

Reaction score
Duprost is also made by a well known company, so don't worry about it. Just remember you're going to read a lot of CRAZY sh*t on this forum, and most of it will be nonsense.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
What is a crusty scalp? If you are having serious scalp problems, RUN, don't walk to a proper dermatologist.

Bald Bull

Reaction score
I don't know what it is. It just looks like dead skin peeling off of my scalp. My scalp is oily and crusty all the time.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
Man. I hate to say it but it doesn't look like anything is gonna work for you.

Norwood 4 and disintigrating still despite your nuclear regimen.

Shave it and get used to it.