Update From The God Himself - Dr. Takashi Tsuji

Medusa01

My Regimen
Reaction score
If they cant produce New hair les't do bald to others human then they will have to find a solution

LebronJames23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone can help me? i know that in this moment there aren’t official news and info, but i want to know some info about..
1) there are some limitations about how many hair follicles can be injected for singol session?
2) i’m 3 Norwood scale, i got thin hair on the front. if i do the Tsuji hair transplant i will find on my head some thin hair (old hair) and some thick hair (new hair)..that’s the truth?
3) it’s possible to insert follicle in the temples zone? i mean on the sides
4) if i do the Tsuji hair transplant, there are no problems for my new hair, but for my old hair there are still the same problems...so over time could be necessary a new transplant? (one session is expensive but two is impossible)

pursuitforce

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone can help me? i know that in this moment there aren’t official news and info, but i want to know some info about..
1) there are some limitations about how many hair follicles can be injected for singol session?
2) i’m 3 Norwood scale, i got thin hair on the front. if i do the Tsuji hair transplant i will find on my head some thin hair (old hair) and some thick hair (new hair)..that’s the truth?
3) it’s possible to insert follicle in the temples zone? i mean on the sides
4) if i do the Tsuji hair transplant, there are no problems for my new hair, but for my old hair there are still the same problems...so over time could be necessary a new transplant? (one session is expensive but two is impossible)
It is early to discuss even commercial release date. If you want real answers and not like reflections on the topic you really need to wait some time.

H

Reaction score
come back in 3 years. if you don't do maintenance treatments this issue will have resolved itself by the time this comes available as your thin hair will be gone
Boy am I glad my hairloss is aggressive for this very reason hahaha (sobs uncontrollably)

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
kind of worried that it's march and we haven't heard an update yet at all. remember if there is anything that doesn't go right, like if there is a tumor or something we are doomed and this entire project will delay for years or fail completely
If this fails we are done for maybe decades, so hope or hm.. hope until they officially say we screwed it

Dimmer97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is everyone saying this treatment will come out in 2022 when tsuji and his team are still saying commercialization in 2020?

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah I think about that as well. but then it really cannot check out mathematically. in any case, 2022-2023 would be f*****g amazing in my book. even 2025 would be pretty good especially if breezula comes out in 2022
You do realize that this guy didn't start his work yesterday? It's almost a decade and until now he never lied, just like f*****g every other company did..maybe a small delay, but he should be the first to deliver

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Remember follicum (or samsumed, cant remember which company) said they would make an announcement regarding phase 2 completion in “late october” and literally waited until oct. 31st to make the announcement.

It’s only March 9th. I’m sure we’ll hear something in the next few weeks.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah I think about that as well. but then it really cannot check out mathematically. in any case, 2022-2023 would be f*****g amazing in my book. even 2025 would be pretty good especially if breezula comes out in 2022
I don t know your math skills... but i know tsujis math skills is asian level. So i would trust their calculation more :)

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There You have got your Update:
Takashi Tsuji
6 March 2019

https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rsob.190010

Hair follicle development

Mice have four different types of hair on their backs, classified as guard, awl, auchene and zigzag hairs. Hair follicle development in the mouse back skin begins with the fate determination of mesenchymal cells at approximately ED 10.5, resulting in the formation of a dermal condensate. Reciprocal interactions between the dermal condensate and overlying epidermis lead to the induction of the hair placode (figure 3a). Once the hair placode is established, hair follicle development occurs in three waves, starting with the development of the guard hair at ED 14.5, followed by awl and auchene hair at ED 17 and zigzag hair at birth [45,46]. The lower end of the hair peg epithelium that wraps around a condensed dermal cell forms the germ of the hair matrix. The condensed dermal cell forms a dermal papilla, which is considered a niche for hair follicle mesenchymal stem cells, and induces the differentiation of the hair matrix and forms the inner root sheath of the hair follicle and the hair shaft. The bulge region also forms an epithelium stem cell niche and simultaneously connect with nerve fibres and the arrector pili muscle

Last edited:

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Because hair follicle stem cells are the only adult stem cells possessing organ-inductive potential that can be transplanted autogenously, the first human clinical trial of organ regenerative therapy will undoubtedly investigate hair follicle regeneration. The regeneration of hair follicles using our organ germ method is now being investigated in a pre-clinical study to cure patients suffering from androgenic alopecia, with an aim of conducting clinical trials in 2020. This hair follicle regenerative therapy will be a milestone in organ regenerative therapies and will lead to the development of material and responsive infrastructure to realize organ regenerative medicine. Applying knowledge of hair follicle regeneration and expertise obtained from clinical trials to other organ germs or organoids will enable the regeneration of other organs from pluripotent and tissue stem cells in combination with organoid technologies in the next few decades."

Positive- the mouse studies showed fully functioning, properly cycling hair follicles that connected to the arector pili muscles. Also, they seem very very confident they will reach human trials.

Negative- March 2019 was optimistic. Clinical trials planned for 2020.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There You have got your Update:
Takashi Tsuji
6 March 2019

https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rsob.190010

Hair follicle development

Mice have four different types of hair on their backs, classified as guard, awl, auchene and zigzag hairs. Hair follicle development in the mouse back skin begins with the fate determination of mesenchymal cells at approximately ED 10.5, resulting in the formation of a dermal condensate. Reciprocal interactions between the dermal condensate and overlying epidermis lead to the induction of the hair placode (figure 3a). Once the hair placode is established, hair follicle development occurs in three waves, starting with the development of the guard hair at ED 14.5, followed by awl and auchene hair at ED 17 and zigzag hair at birth [45,46]. The lower end of the hair peg epithelium that wraps around a condensed dermal cell forms the germ of the hair matrix. The condensed dermal cell forms a dermal papilla, which is considered a niche for hair follicle mesenchymal stem cells, and induces the differentiation of the hair matrix and forms the inner root sheath of the hair follicle and the hair shaft. The bulge region also forms an epithelium stem cell niche and simultaneously connect with nerve fibres and the arrector pili muscle

Great find sir, thank you.

I think it was pretty obvious that 2020 was an overly optimistic relase timeline. That being said, this is great news. There is no other organization that is nearly this confident about their research.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Because hair follicle stem cells are the only adult stem cells possessing organ-inductive potential that can be transplanted autogenously, the first human clinical trial of organ regenerative therapy will undoubtedly investigate hair follicle regeneration. The regeneration of hair follicles using our organ germ method is now being investigated in a pre-clinical study to cure patients suffering from androgenic alopecia, with an aim of conducting clinical trials in 2020. This hair follicle regenerative therapy will be a milestone in organ regenerative therapies and will lead to the development of material and responsive infrastructure to realize organ regenerative medicine. Applying knowledge of hair follicle regeneration and expertise obtained from clinical trials to other organ germs or organoids will enable the regeneration of other organs from pluripotent and tissue stem cells in combination with organoid technologies in the next few decades."

Positive- the mouse studies showed fully functioning, properly cycling hair follicles that connected to the arector pili muscles. Also, they seem very very confident they will reach human trials.

Negative- March 2019 was optimistic. Clinical trials planned for 2020.

Isn't a "clinical trials" in japan close to a "market release" while still doing the research part if it is safe within a year?

And yeah..god damn it Tsuji is the Messiah!

New tooth is also quite interesting..

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't a "clinical trials" in japan close to a "market release" while still doing the research part if it is safe within a year?

And yeah..god damn it Tsuji is the Messiah!

New tooth is also quite interesting..

From my understanding, certain treatments (cell based therapy?) only need one trial before going to market. There must be conditions, I'm not sure though.