Update From The God Himself - Dr. Takashi Tsuji

Medusa01

My Regimen
Reaction score
it's really weird that they don't make an official statement. Did tsuji start human trials or not? When the treatment will be opened to the public? After 10 years or within a few years? crazy questions in our minds.we really need an official explanation. uncertainty is very bad. when will they break their silence? I lose faith in them as time goes on. Is it a bad thing to make a statement? thousands of bald people waiting for an explanation. I wonder if the treatment is really far away. because if they were going to do so soon, they would at least make a statement or give a date we really need it it's nice to imagine that our only exit door could be this treatment.hopefully we'll hear good news soon

Robert Robertson

My Regimen
Reaction score
it's really weird that they don't make an official statement. Did tsuji start human trials or not? When the treatment will be opened to the public? After 10 years or within a few years? crazy questions in our minds.we really need an official explanation. uncertainty is very bad. when will they break their silence? I lose faith in them as time goes on. Is it a bad thing to make a statement? thousands of bald people waiting for an explanation. I wonder if the treatment is really far away. because if they were going to do so soon, they would at least make a statement or give a date we really need it it's nice to imagine that our only exit door could be this treatment.hopefully we'll hear good news soon
Is it though? Did Intercytex ever make a statement after they failed, stating that they had failed? No news is bad news in this industry, they don't want to scare away the investors

Subigang

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it though? Did Intercytex ever make a statement after they failed, stating that they had failed? No news is bad news in this industry, they don't want to scare away the investors

They have no obligation to frequently update the general public. If you look at how often they have in depth updates on what they're doing it's like once a year. Don't freak out because they haven't had a major press release in the past 2 months.

Cymro27

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr. Takashi Tsuji will speak on:

15th International Conference on
Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
March 18 - 19, 2020 Paris, France
Theme: Exploring new Ideas in regenerative medicine to treat degenerative diseases

https://tissue-engineering.conferenceseries.com/renowned-speakers.php

Judging by the theme of the conference it'll likely be about organ germs of other organs that they are regenerating - hopefully he will talk about hair as that is the first hurdle after all.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
They had the conference last year also with many of the same speakers. If someone has time to search, might be interesting to see what was discussed then.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just for the information, fun and joy ... or something

Tsuji and Sugimura agree. “Regenerating hair follicles is the beginning of that road, and after preclinical and safety testing our goal is to implement it by 2020. Starting by curing baldness, our intention is to develop an industry aimed at improving quality of life.” - The Future of Regenerative Medicine for Hair Follicles

As it have been mentioned some times before, they aim to start on human clinical tests in 2020.

So RIKEN and Organ Technologies have been kind enough to show their way to get to their goal, which is interesting where they also show who takes cares of what during this collaboration between multiple actors in this. Even though its old news, it shows that even that you might have an idea of treatment/cure, there are some other challenges on the way which took them about 7 years too solve.

Press release 2018 4th June Its a easy reading, which also helps on the perspective on other treatments, and why they don't just run through clinical trails once they already have a research paper.

NeverBaldEver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just for the information, fun and joy ... or something

Tsuji and Sugimura agree. “Regenerating hair follicles is the beginning of that road, and after preclinical and safety testing our goal is to implement it by 2020. Starting by curing baldness, our intention is to develop an industry aimed at improving quality of life.” - The Future of Regenerative Medicine for Hair Follicles

As it have been mentioned some times before, they aim to start on human clinical tests in 2020.

So RIKEN and Organ Technologies have been kind enough to show their way to get to their goal, which is interesting where they also show who takes cares of what during this collaboration between multiple actors in this. Even though its old news, it shows that even that you might have an idea of treatment/cure, there are some other challenges on the way which took them about 7 years too solve.

Press release 2018 4th June Its a easy reading, which also helps on the perspective on other treatments, and why they don't just run through clinical trails once they already have a research paper.

I am not sure if I fully understand what you mean, but in my opinion, clinical trial is just the BEGINNING, not the END, of implementing a perspective treatment plan on human. Clinical trial could fail, or could reveal other problems that were not anticipated before. A clinical trial to schedule at 2020 doesn't mean the completion of a research to schedule at 2020. (Who knows, some guys here even what them to skip the clinic trials...)

When Merck discovered this hair growing side effect of Proscar, how quick did they take action to do a clinic trial for Propecia?
Japanese, or more general the eastern culture, are afraid of failures in the open public. My conjecture is that Tsuji's team is trying to lower the possibility of a failure as much as possible, which delays the time of clinic trial. (For delay, I mean they were ready already, but they still use the spare time to prevent a "perspective failure" and don't want to do the clinic trial earlier than expected.)
I don't think this is a good choice for the research (they try to lower the possibility of failure as much as possible, but also inevitably raise the expectation of people, both investors and patients).

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sure if I fully understand what you mean, but in my opinion, clinical trial is just the BEGINNING, not the END, of implementing a perspective treatment plan on human. Clinical trial could fail, or could reveal other problems that were not anticipated before. A clinical trial to schedule at 2020 doesn't mean the completion of a research to schedule at 2020. (Who knows, some guys here even what them to skip the clinic trials...)

When Merck discovered this hair growing side effect of Proscar, how quick did they take action to do a clinic trial for Propecia?
Japanese, or more general the eastern culture, are afraid of failures in the open public. My conjecture is that Tsuji's team is trying to lower the possibility of a failure as much as possible, which delays the time of clinic trial. (For delay, I mean they were ready already, but they still use the spare time to prevent a "perspective failure" and don't want to do the clinic trial earlier than expected.)
I don't think this is a good choice for the research (they try to lower the possibility of failure as much as possible, but also inevitably raise the expectation of people, both investors and patients).

Did you read what i wrote? Because it doesn't seem so.

Like it doesn't seem like you wrote the press release I linked too either.

But its quite obvious its about finding the potential in any given R&D-project and trying to realise that in an industrial level, and that gives new problems, and that is what they also try to solve with clinical trails and such. It is actually quite well written in the press release.

H

Reaction score
At least 10 years before it's affordable...doesnt even seem worth following anymore. Itll be as if it didnt come out at all for most people besides the affluent.

OneDay_NW0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At least 10 years before it's affordable...doesnt even seem worth following anymore. Itll be as if it didnt come out at all for most people besides the affluent.

If it really works, it's still amazing, cause you 'just' need enough donor hairs for the next 10 years and not for the next 50 years. Or you can go Hair transplant + SMP for the next 10 years and go tsuji after it, if your hair sucks again in 10 years. Its just much easier to plan for 1-2 big Hair transplant with all available grafts, if you just need to make it for 10 years, than making it for the rest of your life. Or just go for an SMP until Tsuji is available. For my personal soul it would be much easier to know 'balding is just a phase of my life' than knowing in 1-2 years i'm totally bald until I die.

And may be you have a wife and kids and don't care about your hair in 10 years, but may be you still care about your look for the next 60 years.
10 years ago, when I was 18, I thought people don't care the slightest about their look when they turn nearly 30, but I was wrong.
My dad is 60 now and he would have been very happy gettng is hair back in is mid 30's, cause he still dates woman and cares much about his look. So, a save back up Plan for us would be very nice.

Medusa01

My Regimen
Reaction score
You may have a chance to win 300-400 thousand dollars with the national lottery but you don't have a chance to produce a hair I just want to know that this treatment works.

wislow9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So RIKEN and Organ Technologies have been kind enough to show their way to get to their goal, which is interesting where they also show who takes cares of what during this collaboration between multiple actors in this. Even though its old news, it shows that even that you might have an idea of treatment/cure, there are some other challenges on the way which took them about 7 years too solve..

7 years is much time to launch market . This tecnique must be in the market to the public arround period 2020-2023

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haven't commented on this in a long long time but have still been checking for updates every so often.

Just here to say that as a college student who used to be extremely introverted and depressed, largely because of being a Norwood 5-6 at age 22-23, I've recently had a lot of positive things happen in my life. I have a lot more responsibilities and involvements, a lot more acquaintances and contacts, and am generally having more fun in life.

But at the end of the day, when I go to bed at night and wake up in the morning, all alone, and look in the mirror, I'm still miserable. I pretend to be happy most of the time but inside I'm still not. That's how devastating this horrible genetic outcome is, especially for a young man. I'm athletic, in shape, intelligent, kind, dedicated, hard-working, liked by my professors and friends, but it can only go so far when your looks suffer so much due to no hair. I'd be a 7 or 8 with a full head of hair. Probably a 3 without. I'm on that hats for life gang, every day. There isn't a single time I go out in public without a hat. But I'm getting sick and tired of wearing hats, and sick and tired of receiving no sexual interest because of this horrific disease, even though I'm attractive in other ways. My ex left me, mostly because I was a depressed a**hole to her, but a good amount of that was the hair problem's effects on me. Now she's living it up posting pics on Instagram with a bunch of her guy friends who have full heads of hair, look young and attractive, and I'm over here looking like Supreme Leader Snoke from Star Wars.

Please, Tsuji, hurry up. I just want this to be released and to be an option. The cost is something I would have to figure out how to cover. I'm already $100,000 in student loan debt, and I really don't give a damn how much more debt I'd have to go in to have this procedure done...I'd do it, as long as I could figure out how to get a loan somewhere somehow.

Last edited:

NeverBaldEver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you read what i wrote? Because it doesn't seem so.

Like it doesn't seem like you wrote the press release I linked too either.

But its quite obvious its about finding the potential in any given R&D-project and trying to realise that in an industrial level, and that gives new problems, and that is what they also try to solve with clinical trails and such. It is actually quite well written in the press release.

As I said in the first sentence: I am not sure if I fully understand what you mean.
English is not my first language, maybe that is the reason why I have difficulty figuring out what your "it", "so", "that", "what sb do" stand for.
I could hardly find concrete substances in your words, everything is co-reference.

As I see, many people already believe that Tsuji's will succeed and their clinic trial is only a demo, but to me it's just the first step of proof of concept, and we can expect uncertain adversary scenarios (hopefully this won't happen, and we have at least a cure for sure).

venom0088

My Regimen
Reaction score
Reading your post breaks my heart . As I can understand your pain . But a lot of the things your stating are absolutely wrong . As a Norwood 6 , 30 year old who’s had long beautiful hair . I’ve gotten laid a ton . Even with my hair situation . 18 year olds , 23 year olds 30 + year olds . Some wanted even relationships . When it comes to woman and being bald , yes there is a slight effect . But it’s not nearly as much as you think . I remember having long beautiful hair , and it still wasn’t a magical difference as you may think it is . It’s tricks your mind is playing . Vanity does that to people . And i won’t lie to you , I miss my hair . There are times I even feel down about it . Despite friends , girlfriends , and everyone complimenting me on my looks . Calling me handsome etc etc . At the end of the day , being bald or balding is one part of your life . Not even a major part as much as you think . Focus on being successful , finding inner happiness , and accepting who you are . Just like if you had hair , maximize what you have . Hit the gym , become well versed . Learn new languages . Travel the world . Shoot your shot with beautiful girls . Become confident and go for it . I’ve seen great looking guys get shut out just as much as someone bald . Sometimes being bald is even a pro , as you can portray your confidence and lack of care what people think about you . Embrace it brother . And if it really bother you that much . Try out a hair system . Keep track of new innovations etc

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reading your post breaks my heart . As I can understand your pain . But a lot of the things your stating are absolutely wrong . As a Norwood 6 , 30 year old who’s had long beautiful hair . I’ve gotten laid a ton . Even with my hair situation . 18 year olds , 23 year olds 30 + year olds . Some wanted even relationships . When it comes to woman and being bald , yes there is a slight effect . But it’s not nearly as much as you think . I remember having long beautiful hair , and it still wasn’t a magical difference as you may think it is . It’s tricks your mind is playing . Vanity does that to people . And i won’t lie to you , I miss my hair . There are times I even feel down about it . Despite friends , girlfriends , and everyone complimenting me on my looks . Calling me handsome etc etc . At the end of the day , being bald or balding is one part of your life . Not even a major part as much as you think . Focus on being successful , finding inner happiness , and accepting who you are . Just like if you had hair , maximize what you have . Hit the gym , become well versed . Learn new languages . Travel the world . Shoot your shot with beautiful girls . Become confident and go for it . I’ve seen great looking guys get shut out just as much as someone bald . Sometimes being bald is even a pro , as you can portray your confidence and lack of care what people think about you . Embrace it brother . And if it really bother you that much . Try out a hair system . Keep track of new innovations etc

I've tried having this perspective; it just doesn't work for me.

I don't need to be have a huge social life and be getting with tons of people. Sure, I know that with a great extroverted personality, you can have those things even if you're bald and 23. One of my friends is 25 and shaves his head slick and is like that. He was in the Marines. He's a suave, extroverted guy and gets lots of attention even though his head is as white as a ghost. But that's not me. What I truly want is to be seen as an attractive, irresistible guy in the eyes of others. I know that might sound narcissistic, but it's true. I want to stay my introverted self, and do the things I want to do, and have people think in their heads "damn, that's a cute/attractive guy." That doesn't happen when your head is sickly looking. I don't want to spend tons of time flirting and pursuing others. That's just not my style of living and never will be. I have more meaningful things to me to focus on.

I workout 6 days a week. I've had tons of people comment on my body...as long as I'm wearing a hat. I got Invisalign and fixed my teeth. Now everything's in good shape, except the hair. That's the killer. Guys with full heads of hair and crooked teeth and skinny or fat bodies get way more attention and desire than I do. I've come to understand that hair really is the biggest variable overall. And kudos to those who do choose to get hair systems; if it works for you, good. I just personally refuse to wear fake hair glued to my head. And I can't anyway; I live a far too active of a lifestyle to be bothered with that, and I'm looking into joining the military after college too, which means no wig for me. It's misery until I can get this hair cloning done.

Last edited:

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried having this perspective; it just doesn't work for me.

I don't need to be have a huge social life and be getting with tons of people. Sure, I know that with a great extroverted personality, you can have those things even if you're bald and 23. One of my friends is 25 and shaves his head slick and is like that. He was in the Marines. He's a suave, extroverted guy and gets lots of attention even though his head is as white as a ghost. But that's not me. What I truly want is to be seen as an attractive, irresistible guy in the eyes of others. I know that might sound narcissistic, but it's true. I want to stay my introverted self, and do the things I want to do, and have people think in their heads "damn, that's a cute/attractive guy." That doesn't happen when your head is sickly looking. I don't want to spend tons of time flirting and pursuing others. That's just not my style of living and never will be. I have more meaningful things to me to focus on.

I workout 6 days a week. I've had tons of people comment on my body...as long as I'm wearing a hat. I got Invisalign and fixed my teeth. Now everything's in good shape, except the hair. That's the killer. Guys with full heads of hair and crooked teeth and skinny or fat bodies get way more attention and desire than I do. I've come to understand that hair really is the biggest variable overall. And kudos to those who do choose to get hair systems; if it works for you, good. I just personally refuse to wear fake hair glued to my head. And I can't anyway; I live a far too active of a lifestyle to be bothered with that, and I'm looking into joining the military after college too, which means no wig for me. It's misery until I can get this hair cloning done.

hair won't fix your low self esteem. maybe the military will and maybe let you understand what actually accomplished goals in life.

You sound like someone that is really confused and insecure about him self, and hair is the last thing that is going to change any of that.

Like it have been said countless times on this forum and all over the world. Very few wants a person with low self esteem that doesn't appreciate himself. Its those persons who thinks they can "fix others" with their presence around those "broken" people who want those self esteem people, and just other with low self esteem.

People who can carry them self, with self esteem is just way more attractive almost no matter how they look.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hair won't fix your low self esteem. maybe the military will and maybe let you understand what actually accomplished goals in life.

You sound like someone that is really confused and insecure about him self, and hair is the last thing that is going to change any of that.

Like it have been said countless times on this forum and all over the world. Very few wants a person with low self esteem that doesn't appreciate himself. Its those persons who thinks they can "fix others" with their presence around those "broken" people who want those self esteem people, and just other with low self esteem.

People who can carry them self, with self esteem is just way more attractive almost no matter how they look.

I respect your view, but that really isn't the case. My problem truly is my hair issue. Almost everything else in my life is good, and I'm very close to exactly who I want to be. But I'm a perfectionist-minded person at heart and the hair thing is a killer. It's not about being happy all the time - nobody is happy all the time. I'm content living how I do; I have things that I'm interested in, work hard towards, and I have enough responsibilities to keep myself busy, which is important. But at the end of the day, I still have no control over the hair and that has a major affect on me. Norwood 2 or 3, fine, wouldn't be a problem. But unless you were a 6 by age 21, then you simply don't know what it's like.