My Regimen
Reaction score
This is how I view this treatment:

1) good news:
- we might finally have a cure for hairloss;
- a great achievement.
- least a problem to worry about.

2) bad news:

- I don't have the money to pay for it or I won't waste almost all my money to have hair on my head;
- if I gather the money and become one of the first patients for treatment, I will still be a guinea pig;
- I have my hair back hair... life goes on.

Paulie777

My Regimen
Reaction score
Madone!

Can anyone clarify the difference between RCH-01, Follica and RepliCel? If someone could provide a basic description of each one, I would really appreciate it? Which one is Tsuji?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Madone!

Can anyone clarify the difference between RCH-01, Follica and RepliCel? If someone could provide a basic description of each one, I would really appreciate it? Which one is Tsuji?

RCH-01 is Replicels product, go to their website its quite easy to understand.

Same with Follica own website, its pretty easy to understand.

Tsuji haven't done any human trails or proof of concept in humans, so we are talking about something that haven't even happened yet, so no ones really knows how its going to be when time comes.

And why not use the internet and go directly to the sources? Its faster and easier than creating a whole new profile to ask the questions on a forum.

Paulie777

My Regimen
Reaction score
MeDK,

Thanks for the reply. I did have a look at both websites, but I was still a little unclear. I like to understand things in simple, basic terms, so I thought someone might be good enough to help me out.

I was going to create a profile anyway, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
MeDK,

Thanks for the reply. I did have a look at both websites, but I was still a little unclear. I like to understand things in simple, basic terms, so I thought someone might be good enough to help me out.

I was going to create a profile anyway, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.
Why do u want to kill birds?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Madone!

RCH-01 is the product of Replicel (currently being trialed by Shiseido in Japan - who they licensed to) . They take cells from the non balding part of the scalp at the back, clone them, then re-inject across balding areas with the hope the follicles get rejuvenated.

Follica is basically where they stab you with needles on your scalp then apply growth factors to the wounds (and daily) in the hope it grows hair.

Paulie777

My Regimen
Reaction score
RCH-01 is the product of Replicel (currently being trialed by Shiseido in Japan - who they licensed to) . They take cells from the non balding part of the scalp at the back, clone them, then re-inject across balding areas with the hope the follicles get rejuvenated.

Follica is basically where they stab you with needles on your scalp then apply growth factors to the wounds (and daily) in the hope it grows hair.

Cheers, Ollie. If Follica needs daily injections, how is that going to work? I wouldn't complain if it worked, but that sounds like a bit of a pain.

Is RCH-01 supposed to heal / thicken existing hairs or revive dormant ones?

Question for everyone, what are the most promising potential treatments / cures?

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers, Ollie. If Follica needs daily injections, how is that going to work? I wouldn't complain if it worked, but that sounds like a bit of a pain.

Question for everyone, what are the most promising potential treatments / cures?

Most of your questions can be answered with a little of your own research.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

No worries man. Follica I believe will be wounding as just a one off - perhaps monthly or something similar. Then a daily applicator you use at home.

RCH they hoped would revive hairs but it remains to be seen how effective it will actually be as the safety trials weren’t great . Best responder in the safety trials was 22% above baseline after 2 years but most fell back to baseline . We’ll see how different the efficacy trials were when they eventually release the data .

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No worries man. Follica I believe will be wounding as just a one off - perhaps monthly or something similar. Then a daily applicator you use at home.

RCH they hoped would revive hairs but it remains to be seen how effective it will actually be as the safety trials weren’t great . Best responder in the safety trials was 22% above baseline after 2 years but most fell back to baseline . We’ll see how different the efficacy trials were when they eventually release the data .

If you look at their website, haven't they abolished the idea of a daily applicator? Just clinical wounding sessions with their topical now.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you look at their website, haven't they abolished the idea of a daily applicator? Just clinical wounding sessions with their topical now.

Yes you may well be right - haven’t followed it much myself as I don’t hold high hopes for follica at all.

Reactions: H

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just popping in to check Tsuji news. Not much going on I see. Oh, well, 2020 is just around the corner. I have fully reached the black hole of hairloss, so cloning tech of some sort is the only way out for me. Back to the prayer rug.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was anything confirmed regarding the story of the Japanese blogger that said that Tsuji will be out next year and mentioned the price range?

Rho Gain

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just popping in to check Tsuji news. Not much going on I see. Oh, well, 2020 is just around the corner. I have fully reached the black hole of hairloss, so cloning tech of some sort is the only way out for me. Back to the prayer rug.

I think people like you are going to be pleasantly surprised by Follica. It's going to grow you a lot of hair. NW6 to 0? Probably not, but you really shouldn't put all your eggs in Tsuji's basket.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
I think people like you are going to be pleasantly surprised by Follica. It's going to grow you a lot of hair. NW6 to 0? Probably not, but you really shouldn't put all your eggs in Tsuji's basket.

How do you know Follica is going to grow him a lot of hair? People are hyped for Follica because it’s the closest to being released (allegedly), just like people were hyped for Brotzu in the weeks before it was released. There’s no evidence from Follica that they have something substantial. The fact that they are including a home device, then not including a home device, having an app, then ditching the app - shows that they are not sitting on some game changer. Otherwise they’d have a very defined, results-producing protocol. It’s just dermarolling with minoxidil and some other BS lotions and potions. The apps and home devices are about privacy, or other bells and whistles to make the user feel in control and therefore keep buying the service.