Update From The God Himself - Dr. Takashi Tsuji

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the press release is back on the website now. i hope it was just a technical error or a glitch or something. It was amazing to me in the first place to have human clinical trials for it to be ready to go just 6 months from now. i wouldn't be surprised if there was a delay, only because march 2019 for human trials for hair cloning is surreal to me. here's hoping otherwise though.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just remembered one user wondering whether or not implanting hair for full coverage on a slick bald dude would not cause too much trauma for the scalp.
I memorized a procedure, where they implant synthetic hair fibres in your scalp for completely bald patients. That seems to work just fine, the only issue is potential infection afterwards due to the material.

So Tsujis method on the other hand should be completely viable.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
On a separate issue of the Tsuji research, I wonder if their technology will crossover to cloning muscle cells. I think hair is a more complex organ if you look at the genetic factors involved, multiple signaling pathways, hormonal influence, recurrent stem cell migration requirement. Implanting muscle would be incredible and applicable anywhere in the body even the face which would add another enhancement tool to the esthetics of the head in addition to hair. I'm hoping the prospects for crossover uses generates more effort, which would certainly spare us the possibility of this miracle falling by the wayside.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
On a separate issue of the Tsuji research, I wonder if their technology will crossover to cloning muscle cells. I think hair is a more complex organ if you look at the genetic factors involved, multiple signaling pathways, hormonal influence, recurrent stem cell migration requirement. Implanting muscle would be incredible and applicable anywhere in the body even the face which would add another enhancement tool to the esthetics of the head in addition to hair. I'm hoping the prospects for crossover uses generates more effort, which would certainly spare us the possibility of this miracle falling by the wayside.

No more “we’re all gonna make it brah” clones please. On a serious note, they do plan on doing so with teeth and bone (i.e mandibles, cheekbones and such) last I heard. Thank god because those silicone implants they use today look so god damn cheap and messy.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
No more “we’re all gonna make it brah” clones please. On a serious note, they do plan on doing so with teeth and bone (i.e mandibles, cheekbones and such) last I heard. Thank god because those silicone implants they use today look so god damn cheap and messy.

That's it then. A little more bone over the cheekbones, some more muscle fibers in the masseters, then the hair clones and voila! I'm Brad Pitt.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just noticed retrograde alopecia, not even Tsuji can save me

If that is true you should hope for alexey's "haircloning". You don t need a single donor hair for his treatment.

Instead of embryonic stem cells, which are difficult to obtain, our method now uses induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC), which are derived from a simple blood draw or skin sample. iPSCs allow us to create an unlimited supply of cells to grow hair. Not having enough hair is one reason current transplants don’t work, so this is a critical advance.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
If that is true you should hope for alexey's "haircloning". You don t need a single donor hair for his treatment.

Instead of embryonic stem cells, which are difficult to obtain, our method now uses induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC), which are derived from a simple blood draw or skin sample. iPSCs allow us to create an unlimited supply of cells to grow hair. Not having enough hair is one reason current transplants don’t work, so this is a critical advance.

Human trials may start in two years, looooooong time to go.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will wait for Tsuji, maybe my retrograde alopecia aint as bad as I think.

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It will crossover to every tissue in the human body. Currently muscle produced from stem cells is mostly an application in the cultured meat industry, tho they still can't create steak-like muscle. Muscle fibers need to be cultured in scaffolds that maintain the shape of the muscle. There's several companies pushing this field.

Take a look at the 7 categories of aging damage at SENS (Aubrey de Grey's org set to defeat aging). One of them is cell loss and the solution is replenishment with stem cells http://www.sens.org/research/introduction-to-sens-research
Apparently they've been working on thymus and intestinal tissue

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It will crossover to every tissue in the human body. Currently muscle produced from stem cells is mostly an application in the cultured meat industry, tho they still can't create steak-like muscle. Muscle fibers need to be cultured in scaffolds that maintain the shape of the muscle. There's several companies pushing this field.

Take a look at the 7 categories of aging damage at SENS (Aubrey de Grey's org set to defeat aging). One of them is cell loss and the solution is replenishment with stem cells http://www.sens.org/research/introduction-to-sens-research
Apparently they've been working on thymus and intestinal tissue

For the meat industry it is a good thing but for humans there is allready a good solution.

Just inject synthol where you want to have muscles. It looks totaly realistic and you don t need to hit the gym. You can get an athlets body like this guy in no time.
whoa.jpg

And the best part if you look like a cloud... nobody expects hair on a cloud ;)

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will they test the follicles for DHT resistance before multiplying it ? If not, then lets say, a guy was so damn out of luck that the follicle extracted from the back of his hair is DHT sensitive and gone through the expensive process and 10 years later, he is bald again ?