Update: Dr Rogers now under investigation by the GMC

haggis

Reaction score
niknak said:
Why does Dr Rogers not post some pictures of some of his work on here?

Apparently his patients dont like having their pictures taken :roll: :roll: :roll: This is what he said on another website.

Dalek

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, as I have said before here, I nearly tried to book Dr Rogers but the receptionist never bothered to get back to me. If she did, I may have gone ahead and booked it. People here advised Canada but I thought it would be too expensive. It wasn't and I booked Dr Rahal. It all ended up cheeper than Rogers' prices including flight and accomodation.

Seeing your results I am sooooooooo glad I went the Rahal way.

haggis

Reaction score
Dalek said:
Well, as I have said before here, I nearly tried to book Dr Rogers but the receptionist never bothered to get back to me. If she did, I may have gone ahead and booked it. People here advised Canada but I thought it would be too expensive. It wasn't and I booked Dr Rahal. It all ended up cheeper than Rogers' prices including flight and accomodation.

Seeing your results I am sooooooooo glad I went the Rahal way.

Hi Dalek, i think you should phone that receptionist and thank her :)

Dalek

Established Member
Reaction score
I just hope you get it fixed. Give Rahal a ring and see if he can fix it. I am sure he can.

niknak

Reaction score
haggis said:
niknak said:
Why does Dr Rogers not post some pictures of some of his work on here?

Apparently his patients dont like having their pictures taken :roll: :roll: :roll: This is what he said on another website.

How convenient!

Surely he could post a few pictures of hairlines and scalps he's worked on that he may be proud of as there really is no need to see the patients face?

Perhaps it's the good doctor himself that would rather not have his work shown on here?

Petchsky

Reaction score
haggis said:
Petchsky said:
That is a good idea, as i'm from the uk and still considering using Dr Rodgers. I have met with him before and was impressed enough, but financial circumstances prevented me booking the session.

He did not make any wild claims and showed pics of some of his recent work.

I understand that haggis is angry, i would be too but i have seen much worse hair transplants than his, some from around the same time as his and some years after.

Would you use Dr Rodgers today haggis?

Did you use any hairloss drugs after your transplant?

No i wouldnt use dr rogers again, not worth the risk and he's expensive.
ive been using finasteride/propecia since before i had any work done.

If i was you i would seriously consider flying over to the US or canada, the flight is only a small percentage of what you will spend on a hair transplant anyway.

And there is also a worry that Dr rogers may be associated with Dr kevin Hartley of the norton clinic.. http://www.clonemyhair.com/hairtransplantation/catalog/

Here is a recent dr rogers FUE transplant http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2654[/url]

As it happens i'm now looking into researching american Dr's. Cole and Feller look good so far, or possibly wong...maybe armarni.

Its worth paying for the best after all..

haggis

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
haggis said:
Petchsky said:
That is a good idea, as i'm from the uk and still considering using Dr Rodgers. I have met with him before and was impressed enough, but financial circumstances prevented me booking the session.

He did not make any wild claims and showed pics of some of his recent work.

I understand that haggis is angry, i would be too but i have seen much worse hair transplants than his, some from around the same time as his and some years after.

Would you use Dr Rodgers today haggis?

Did you use any hairloss drugs after your transplant?

No i wouldnt use dr rogers again, not worth the risk and he's expensive.
ive been using finasteride/propecia since before i had any work done.

If i was you i would seriously consider flying over to the US or canada, the flight is only a small percentage of what you will spend on a hair transplant anyway.

And there is also a worry that Dr rogers may be associated with Dr kevin Hartley of the norton clinic.. http://www.clonemyhair.com/hairtransplantation/catalog/

Here is a recent dr rogers FUE transplant http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2654[/url]

As it happens i'm now looking into researching american Dr's. Cole and Feller look good so far, or possibly wong...maybe armarni.

Its worth paying for the best after all..

Dr fellers work does look very good from what ive seen

haggis

Reaction score
Rambo said:
You got butchered big time haggis. why havent you fixed your hair since then?

Rambo, ive had 2800 grafts from dr cole 49 days ago, im already seeing a few small hairs popping up arond the hairline, not really noticable yet though but it early days :yes:

haggis

Reaction score
Rambo said:
I wish you all the best mate!! I hope they come through for you.

I wasnt expecting to see anything happening until about 3 months, but theres definetly a few hairs coming through in areas where there hasnt been hairs for years :D

haggis

Reaction score
Rambo said:
Wow , 49 days is very quick , Was it Fue or strip? and are you using minoxidil?

FUE, or fit as cole likes to call it, im not using minoxidil, just finasteride 1mg a day, and msm, multi vitamin

haggis

Reaction score
Rambo said:
Atleast you know it was a good transplant.

I'll let you know if its any good in 12 months....

haggis

Reaction score
Re: Dr Rogers replies

Dr Rogers said:
It is a valid point though - if a patient is unhappy, he should always return to the original doctor first.

Patients dont go back to doctors who made a mess of things, its just not worth the risk of further disfigurement.

Dr Rogers said:
If there is a problem but you don't give feedback, how he will he/she know to change practice?

You are seriously saying you didnt know what a mess you made of your hair transplant's because your patients didnt give you feedback :roll:

Dr Rogers said:
After all, Haggis has an issue but it has taken him 10 years to let me know!

10 days or 10 years what does it matter, the damage was done as soon as i left your clinic. :kaputt:

haggis

Reaction score
Dr Richard Anthony ROGERS

Category : Fitness to Practise Hearings

Info :

Fitness to Practise Panel
Planned dates: 2 – 3 October 2007
St James’s Building, 79 Oxford Street, Manchester, M1 6FQ

The Fitness to Practise Panel will meet at St James’s Building, 79 Oxford Street, Manchester, M1 6FQ to consider a review case of impairment by reason of a caution.

Name: Dr Richard Anthony Rogers
Reference Number: 3454121

Area of practice: Warwickshire

The Panel will inquire into the allegation that on 3 June 2004 at Stratford-on-Avon Police Station, Dr Rogers was cautioned by Warwickshire Police for obtaining services by deception.

In accordance with Rule 41(2) of the General Medical Council (Fitness to Practise) Rules 2004, the Panel may decide to exclude the public from the proceedings or any part of the proceedings, where they consider that the circumstances of the case outweigh the public interest in holding the hearing in public.

http://www.gmcpressoffice.org.uk/apps/news/events/index.php?month=10&year=2007&submit=Submit

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So did you report Dr Rogers to the GMC or is the hearing for a different matter? I dont understand the obtaining services by deception, does this mean he is mis-selling a product or service? I could imagine is he is found guilty this could end his career however looking at Norton theres a way round being struck off and thats get another Dr to do the work for you

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to see this latest news but it is only an allegation at this stage.

I agree Lucky I don't understand the nature of the allegation either.

I have found Dr Rogers very professional in my experience and I hope it gets cleared up.

haggis

Reaction score
carter said:
I'm sorry to see this latest news but it is only an allegation at this stage.

I agree Lucky I don't understand the nature of the allegation either.

I have found Dr Rogers very professional in my experience and I hope it gets cleared up.

Im not sorry to see this news, dr rogers is a slimy peice of work, looks like the authorities have caught up with him.

haggis

Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:
So did you report Dr Rogers to the GMC or is the hearing for a different matter? I dont understand the obtaining services by deception, does this mean he is mis-selling a product or service? I could imagine is he is found guilty this could end his career however looking at Norton theres a way round being struck off and thats get another Dr to do the work for you
no it wasnt me who reported him, welldone to whoever did though, unfortunately like you say drs usually get away with everything :( not a good advertisement for his hair transplant business though is it :D

Vega

Reaction score
in my opinion, dr rogers is a nice, genuine, upfront and honest decent surgeon. I've had two procedures done by him, and have no complaints at all. Good staff, honest approach and decent work. Exactly what you look for in a surgeon.

you do occasionally get awkward patients who complain about anything, without actually seeing the bigger picture. I suspect this complaint is one of those. Maybe he didn't put sugar in his cup of coffee or something

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Vega said:
in my opinion, dr rogers is a nice, genuine, upfront and honest decent surgeon. I've had two procedures done by him, and have no complaints at all. Good staff, honest approach and decent work. Exactly what you look for in a surgeon.

you do occasionally get awkward patients who complain about anything, without actually seeing the bigger picture. I suspect this complaint is one of those. Maybe he didn't put sugar in his cup of coffee or something

I totally agree with your opinion on Dr Rogers Vega - similarly I've had two procedures in Jan 06 and Jan 07 and I'm really seeing the results coming through now. Anyone can make an allegation, we live in a compensation and claim culture.