UPDATE (BEFORE AND AFTER PICS)

VWdude

Reaction score

dan65

Reaction score
congratulations man, i think the Propecia is helping me too, not as much as you though. i'm jealous haha

G

VW,

You're hair is definately showing some improvements. Excellent results in just 6 months, the 1 year mark should be great for you. Keep us updated and keep taking pics. Pics are the best way to assess your progress. So newbies out there TAKE PICS of your dome!

Good luck VdUb,
badasshairday

YoungAndThin

Established Member
Reaction score
wow nice. I defineately see some thickening up.

congrats.

my pattern of male pattern baldness is exactly like yours. I just got on propecia so hopefully I can get results like yours.

VWdude

Reaction score
You can do it! i'm actually very excited about my results and I can't wait to see what the future will bring me.

I have a hunch, just a feeling that Nizoral is helping me out in conjunction with my daily propecia use... I think everyone should be on Nizoral and/or Tgel if they are using finasteride.

ITS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VWdude

Reaction score
No sides... just sweet sweet hair growth.

dazzer1970

Reaction score
VW - That's really cool.

I'm just waiting on my firts batch of generic propecia to arrive. I'm bricking it regarding the thought of side effects. Have you really had none at all? Not even in the early stages?

I use nizoral as well in my regime. Only been on it about 2 months or so and just restarted minoxidil. My male pattern baldness is a bit further advanced than yours was. i'm about a NW3v, with mild thinning at the crown.

What made you not choose minoxidil in your regime?

VWdude

Reaction score
to tell you guys the honest truth, I have never had any sides due to my treatment. I know alot of people post on here that they have/had sides but that doesn't apply to me all.. maybe I can consider myself a lucky duck!

also, from the begining I never wanted to resort to minoxidil.. alot of people b**ch and complain how it can get annoying putting it on everyday and how it makes their hair look. I really looked at minoxidil as my last resort and im pretty confident that I will not have to use minoxidil given that my regimen is working and it is....

propecia all the way!

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks like your treatment is working for you. Just keep up with it and you dont have to worry about hair loss for sometime.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
do u use the surfer dude thing ?

is that better then regular gel ? i really need something to thicken up my hair and make it look likke that and stay like that

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent VWdude! Yup, I can see that your hair has thickened up especially in the crown area. It's filling in more. Now that is something to see in just 6 months!

VWdude

Reaction score
hey guys.. im still having a hard time believing it too.... 6 months ago I sat down and told myself "I don't want to go bald, I need to do something about it..." and thats what I did... my dad has the good o'l horseshoe and so does my grandfather so I want to beat hairloss... and I think I am.

and action, i saw your pics, awesome results..
hopefully I can expect alot more in a years time considering that 6 months is still early.

I just thought it would be a good Idea to post pics of my progress so I can show people that have doubts about propecia, for me it has worked wonders and I'm grateful... I think about it alot less.

As far as styling go, I use American crew fiber, Got2b Chaotic putty surfer hair from time to time.. all three thicken up the appearence of your hair. Mind you, Got2b Chaotic putty thickens things up insanely!

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, thats really impressive. i plan on starting finasteride within the next 4 or 5 weeks. It sucks though because im only 18, but luckily i would be happy to maintain because for all intesnive purposes i have a full head of hair, its just thinning, so i hope i can just stop it right here, with MAYBE a tiny bit of re-growth. As long as i stop it though im happy. Oh, and for all the people who read about negative sides like crazy shedding, keep in mind there are thousands upon thousands who take it without sides, you just read about them because the people who get hit bad come here looking for help. so its not as scary as you think. :)

hope that gives you guys who are scared to start finasteride a little encouragment.. it did me when i realized it

VWdude

Reaction score
Ofcourse there will be the odd case where a patient gets sides... but still if you look at the numbers that pretty highly unlikely... start early, thats all I can say... i wish I started earlier! but ofcourse I had my whole denial stage too.

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
yep just got through my denial stage. Ill say it again, i cant get over the progress youve made in sixth months. Good job

VWdude

Reaction score
thanks! I can't get over it myself... All I can say is I am sticking to it and I am thinking positive and hopefully things can only get better.. as of right now I am pleased with my results.. and I thank all you guys and HairLossTalk.com for the support I needed to start my regimen.

Daytrader

Reaction score
VWdude said:
thanks! I can't get over it myself... All I can say is I am sticking to it and I am thinking positive and hopefully things can only get better.. as of right now I am pleased with my results.. and I thank all you guys and HairLossTalk.com for the support I needed to start my regimen.

Congrats!!! These kind of results give us newbie propecia users hope. I will be starting my 3rd month of propecia by next week. So tell me has your mood, outlook on life changed much from this. I bet your mood has improved..... I know mine would with good results. Take Care and Enjoy your success! :)

mon

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the two pics are pretty much the same. I don't really see any regrowth or thickening up.

G

Shite!

I have been trying to get some of the got2b chaotic putty but the don't sell it in the uk.

They do sell some got2b products but not that one.

Wankshaft! Tits!