update! and questions

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I did it, I ruined my hair system lol! I had a lace system with poly at the back, and my sweat totally f---ed up the poly. I want to hair wear again though. I am addicted to hairwearing and feeling good, so I will give it another try in the near future. The pictures I took of my hair exaggerated the curl of my hair,if you saw me in person, you would know i was wearing, my real hair is straight and my worn hair was curly, it was a dead giveaway!
Ok on to my question, what type of lace base is more durable and more undetectable, I plan on getting straighter hair with less density and a shorter hair style.

Dashtoronto

Established Member
Reaction score
hey Scorpio,

I emailed a studio asking the guy there how much would it cost to get a piece from him, fitting and the works.

I don't have the email right now, but he said it includes training and how to wash and care for it, etc etc etc...

he quoted me $550 for the piece, plus fitting and training altogether. I dunno, it seems a little bit too overpriced. I understand that hair is important and all but really, $550 is a really steep price. Is this normal? Honestly?

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
For a hair studio, 550$ is a pretty good price for all the works, fitting, training, etc.
When I was in Toronto last, I was quoted 1000$ plus taxes and that didnt even include the supplies, needless to say I never went there again.
In my hometown of Windsor Canada, I was quoted 2250$ for a hair piece and a years worth of maintenance, so that was even worse lol.
Most hair studios price gouge you because they know they can get away with it,if you dont have the knowledge of the internet in your hands, luckily you do though.
For your first hair system, I would only suggest that you go to the hair studio first and get the specifics right (template, style, length, color etc.) of your hair system and then if everything is good about your hair system you can get it duplicated cheaper on the internet in the future. I suggest you get used to hair wearing and weigh the pros and cons of your hair system, that way, when you order on the internet, you will have a better idea of what specifics you want for your hair system and best yet you will get the hair system at a much reasonable price, the average price on the internet is a little over 300$ canadian plus supplies(glue,tape, hair system remover, adjust a bond etc.)
If the hair studio that you went to is reputable, they will get the specifics right the first time and it will save you the hassle of getting all the specifics right the first time out. When you first get a hair system there is a learning curve you have to go through, but in time, its as easy as riding a bike.
For future use, try either toplace.com, coolpiece.com or finalhair.com, they have reasonable rates for hair pieces. Im sure theres more, just search the forums on here and you will surely find more internet places to order hair systems from. Let me know how everything goes!

Dashtoronto

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks scorpio...

one more question?

what's a better place to order from?

Hollywoodlace.com or toplace.com?

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Dash,im not sure which one is better between hollywoodlace.com or Toplace.com try them both and see which one you like better.

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
each time the peice wears out do you have to keep spending loads getting new ones every few months? that would put me off.

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah THISISME373, its a put off spending loads of cash on a hair system,but for some people they feel they dont look good without a hair system.
For the cheapest hair pieces it costs around 50$ to 100$ a month plus costs for hair glue, remover etc. to have and maintain a hair system,plus comfort is an issue too.
Its like having a birds nest on your head lol.
Sorry to put anybody off on wearing a hair system,but these days being bald is cool!
Half the population including women will experience some type of balding by the age of 50. Todays environment and stressors are a haven for baldness, I think if us bald people kill the social stigma of being bald it would save a lot of balding people a lot of money and heartache.its just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. I hope this log doesnt get banned because all my bald friends know im right on this board, can I get an amen! lol.

MartyKay

Reaction score
Scorpio - Your bird's nest analogy is way off. 99% of the time, I am not aware that there is anything on my head.

Baldness is not an option for many people for a variety of reasons. Some people just don't look good bald, some people have scarring, some people have religious or cultural reasons. Unless you are in your 20's or 30's, being bald (shaved or not) makes just about everybody look older than they are. And some people, like me, just like having hair.

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
Points well taken MartyKay, if you are younger than 20 it would be devastating going bald, no one would expect you to go bald at such a young age.
I feel bad for all the people that let their self esteem go down because of going bald.
And I agree, baldness does make some people look a lot older than what they are.
But I feel some people look younger bald, like Howie Mandell, Floyd Mayweather Bruce Willis, etc.
But also some people do look better with hair than without it and if you do prefer having hair its understandable being at such a young and influential age.
Darn, I got a lot of contradictions here, but I like looking at the baldness subject from all sides, thanks Marty Kay! your response was very interesting and enlightening.