Update: 3 Months on finasteride - Hair Is Getting Thinner? Opinions Wanted Please!

AnxiousHairGuy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone-

I posted here back in February ("How Bad Is It?") looking for opinions on my hairline just as I was starting to take Finasteride. I've been on finasteride for almost 3 months now and I'm pretty certain I'm seeing significant thinning especially in the main trouble area I was looking to save, my right front/temple region. The thinning is really obvious, at least to me, and is making it's way to the middle of the hairline. Is this the "shedding" that I've read and heard about? Again, it's something that seems pretty drastic to me, especially considering that I'm on treatment daily. If you would could you please give me your opinions in general and if you'd like also A-B the photos attached first from February and then from today. I really appreciate the time! Thank You!

Attachments

• 2.6 Front:Top.JPG
    2.6 Front:Top.JPG
    318.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 4.14 Front:Top 1.JPG
    4.14 Front:Top 1.JPG
    284.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 2.6 Hair Back.JPG
    2.6 Hair Back.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 4.14 Hair Back.JPG
    4.14 Hair Back.JPG
    309.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 2.6 Left Temple.JPG
    2.6 Left Temple.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 4.14 Left Temple.JPG
    4.14 Left Temple.JPG
    344.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 2.6 Right Temple.JPG
    2.6 Right Temple.JPG
    288 KB · Views: 181
  • 4.14 Right Temple.JPG
    4.14 Right Temple.JPG
    326.2 KB · Views: 187

AnxiousHairGuy

Reaction score
are you on minoxidil? ive been applying it to my hairline with great results

Not on Minoxidil yet. I'm hoping to have started Finasteride early enough and want to see what effect the mer is having before committing to another daily routine. I've been told that it takes around 6 months to see results from finasteride, but the rapid rate of thinning at my hairline is really throwing me off.

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
Im on the same boat man. Thinned out bad and have a forelock developing after finasteride. Prefin I only had issues at the crown.

Everyone says 'stay on it' though....good luck..

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride triggered hairloss in me and I went from NW0 to NW2 in matter of three months. My hairline was recessing really fast and only stopped when I quit finasteride. So yes, in some people, finasteride can trigger hair loss. That is why it should ONLY be taken when a person is actually balding and miniaturization is present. I wasn't balding and took it just as a preventive measure.